im intrested in all of them, but i will only be getting one, ill probably only be recording guitar and vocals, so the the toneport seems big to me. But i want really nice quality, ability to record both voice and guitar, and they should include some sort of recording software, which they all do(idk for the e mu) the line 6s look way better, but i also want to be able to edit my voice with the included software. if i get the toneport i wont be getting pedals, if i get any of the other 2 ill be getting a 10band eq and a OD

Toneport

pros

8 tracks(that ill probably never use)
upgraded tone farm(wich i dont think ill use cus i love my amp)
nice looking

cons

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$4
wont get pedals

pod ux 3

pros

cheap

nice looking

includes recording software

includes pod farm

includes riff works

cons
?

emu

pors

cheap

hybrid inputs

cons

ugly,

included recording softw?

anyways, with which one can i tweak my voice and edit it
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
hey dude i'm in a similar situation.

i'm almost set for a toneport ux2 that i found for 100e. That would let me mic my amp through a sm57 and a nice condenser mic since it already has phantom power.

However, i don't know yet what quality is expected from it. I've heard great things about the emu 0404 though.

cheers
bump

anyways, do both line 6s, have vocal editing capabilities?
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
bump
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
you wont get great quality at the price of these interfaces but out of the three I say go with the EMU 0404 USB as its the only USB 2.0 device which is important.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/soundcards_for_the_home_studio-page2.htm

As for software, invest in Reaper. It's very affordable and works very well. Cakewalk SONAR Home Studio 7 is also a nice start.
The Toneport and most of the interfaces wont come with a sequencer to record and work with the audio. Most of the time you get a trial lite version which works but is limited.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 21, 2009,
the e mu includes tons of softwear among them sonar, and i have full amplitube metal, si i think i might be goign with the emu
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212