Alright, so out of nowhere, when I'm on the internet, usually in the Pit, I'll get a pop-up saying my computer is at risk or something (I'll copy and paste it if it happens again). I can't X out of it, so I just have to click okay. It then takes the tab I'm currently using to a pre-made video and tells me it's scanning my computer, and the video finds a ****load of trojans, and tries to tell me that that was my computer, when it's quite obviously pre-recorded, and tells me about some virus-software I need. Any time I return to the page where it redirected me by clicking the back button, it will take me there again, so I have to go back two pages to prevent it. If it's redirecting me like that, could it still just be a pop-up, or does it mean I actually do have a virus that's doing this?
that's something already on your computer. i got the same thing. go google "SUPER anti-spyware". that works great for me.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I'll have to take a couple screen pics next time it happens, to see if it's anything you guys recognize.
Quote by ultimatedaver
AVG bro, AVG.
AVG would use about 40% of my processing when my computer wasn't even connected to the internet, and wasn't scanning. I'm using Avast now.
If you can't close the window, use alt+f4 or your task manager. NEVER click on the pop-up. It's basically asking for viruses. Something similar happened to my brother, but he caught on when it was showing XP folders and he's using Vista *ugh*
Death to all robots.

"Somebody set up us the bomb."
Sounds like Mal-Ware. Stop getting your pronz from sketchy looking websites.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
It happens once in a while,(once every 2 weeks-ish), and it only happens here.

comodo ftw
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
i get this thing that says BLOCKED on the tab and the screen goes red but it happens everywhere
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Malwarebytes is a pretty decent spyware program. Down load it.
Also don't you have pop up blockers or something?
epic7734
Last edited by epic7734 at Sep 18, 2009,
I get that too. I don't think it's a virus. I think it's just a pop up to get you to download their program that'll then give you a virus (and a pain to get rid of) and to scam you into buying that "anti-spyware" program.

My sister fell for it and downloaded the program it tells you to and it took forever to get rid of the program and virus. If one of those things comes up again, just close the window or press the back button.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
It is a scam, it is trying to get you to download a fake antivirus which is actually a virus. It's the latest scheme used to propagate malware and it works surprisingly well.

There are some threads in the "Bad Advertising Reports" forum about it
when that stuff comes up i just ctrl+alt+delete and end process "firefox"

downloading the software they want you to download is when u get the virus
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
I don't think your compy has the AIDS yet, but a malware check couldn't hurt.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I was going to make my own thread about this because I've gotten so pissed off about it, but I'll just say it here. What is happening is you are getting the "Antivirus 2009" or "Antivirus 2010" trojan. The first couple times it happened to me it was frustrating as HELL because I don't have any type of antivirus software or malware software that removes it. I had to do it manually which was a pain in the butt. Finally though, I found a free software that takes care of it for you. "Malwarebytes - Antimalware". I highly recommend anyone on UG download it. It is only this P.O.S. website where I get this virus. I've gotten it anywhere from the main page, to the tab search pages, to here in the forums. I've had to clean this virus up at least 6 times now. It is embedded into the ads all over the pages....and if you so much as run your mouse over the ad, poof, it installs itself. Nice job with the advertising of virus' UG.
Quote by intheshadowplay
that's something already on your computer. i got the same thing. go google "SUPER anti-spyware". that works great for me.

SUPERANTISPYWARE is actually a really decent Program.

(no ****.)
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
I blocked all ads until ug decides to not fuck up anymore. They've had a few bad ads running. but sounds like you have a virus
the only thing u can do (cause some of them instead of not letting u X out, the X counts as OK), u have to ctrl+alt+del and close ur internet program that way. that used to happen to me all the time on this website, but then i discovered ad-block plus for mozilla. its like an internet condom.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by herby190
Alright, so out of nowhere, when I'm on the internet, usually in the Pit, I'll get a pop-up saying my computer is at risk or something (I'll copy and paste it if it happens again). I can't X out of it, so I just have to click okay. It then takes the tab I'm currently using to a pre-made video and tells me it's scanning my computer, and the video finds a ****load of trojans, and tries to tell me that that was my computer, when it's quite obviously pre-recorded, and tells me about some virus-software I need. Any time I return to the page where it redirected me by clicking the back button, it will take me there again, so I have to go back two pages to prevent it. If it's redirecting me like that, could it still just be a pop-up, or does it mean I actually do have a virus that's doing this?

its a worm virus
Don't Ever Download This ****, It's A Virus Itself Wanting To Fool You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its not a virus. all it is is a popup from website ads. it happened to me all the time (mostly on this website) but when i got adblock and blocked all the ads on this site, never happens anymore.

BUT, if u clicked ok one time and didnt close it right away, u might have something. but adblock will stop it from happening again.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
this has happened so many times to me, i got this cool antivirus and it tells me wether its safe or not so it will tell me immediately on the page if this has a virus or not, and from what it tells me thats got a virus so i highly suggest not download it.
Said it before, I'll say it again. Malware Bytes, Super Anti Spyware.

Say good bye to your virus problems. Do it now.

Edit: Sounds like adware, not sure though.

or I will molest you in the penis.

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.