Last night I stayed up late and their was an hour long show just for metal on t.v. Near the end, as it slowly got more xtreme over the course of the show, there was a Death Metal song I really liked. I remember that the vocal were somewhat similar to wjat Cephalic Carnage sounds like. (I just heard the for the first time yesterday as well).
The video was of some guy who got taken to some underground place, and injected in the neck with something. Then they put him in this little machine that crushed him and they collected what was left over in a cup then fed it to people. (kinda messed up, I know)
Does anyone know the name of the band/song? Thanks in advance.

Also, whats the difference between deathcore and metalcore? I know that metalcore is a combination of metal and hardcore, but what is deathcore/grindcore?
Deathcore is an amalgamation of metalcore and death metal. Just listen to some deathcore and metalcore, there's an obvious difference.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I don't really notice, I guess i'll be able to tell with time. What about grindcore?
I don't really like any extreme metal genres other than death metal, but I have an uncontrollable desire to know exactly how all the genres and subgenres of metal fit together, which I know is impossible because there are so many different bands, but I have to try.
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Sep 18, 2009,
Metalcore is basically all the types of metal and hardcore combined, while deathcore is just death metal, deathcore tends to be more extreme when compared to metalcore too. Grindcore is basically deathcore except often heavier, taking a lot from brutal death metal (many brutal death metal bands can be called grindcore and vice-versa), and chugging, the song are also fairly short. Remember all of this can vary greatly.

Quote by GoldfishMoon

I don't really like any extreme metal genres other than death metal, but I have an uncontrollable desire to know exactly how all the genres and subgenres of metal fit together, which I know is impossible because there are so many different bands, but I have to try.

Don't worry about any -core genres then, they aren't metal.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Last edited by Balmazer at Sep 18, 2009,
The what is hardcore excactly? I think there were a bunch of hardcore songs on yesterday, and they were pretty similar to some metalcore songs i've heard.
Is the difference between metalcore and deathcore like the difference between As I Lay Dying and Lamb Of God?
Deathcore: The Acacia Strain - Skynet

Metalcore: Diecast - These Days

Grindcore: Napalm Death - When All Is Said And Done

You'll hear the difference in all of them.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Isn't hardcore like Madball and Cromags?

If I'm not mistaken.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by GoldfishMoon
Thanks, that helped. What about hardcore?

Try listening to Converge.
has a terrible signature.
Ok. Thanks everyone. I actually like some Napalm Death, they are funny....
Does anyone know the song, the video is stuck in my head but I can't remember how it goes.
Quote by strat0blaster
Isn't hardcore like Madball and Cromags?

If I'm not mistaken.

yep

hardcore is like extreme punk, hence the term hardcore punk which is usually shortened to just hardcore
listen to some bad brains and hatebreed(very close to metalcore) to get an idea of it
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
So hardcore is Hardcore punk? Whats normal punk then?
Sorry guys, for making you totally explain every genre of music to me.
Last edited by GoldfishMoon at Sep 18, 2009,
Ok, one last question. What is punk rock? I know, it's a fusion of punk and rock, but soundwise, what is it?