If I travelled west constantly, across the time zones, would I be able to go back in time?

Conversely, if I did the same going east, would I be able to go into the future?
No. I heard you can time travel if you drink bleach though.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
No. The sun would just remain in the same place in the sky (assuming you were traveling fast enough). Time would flow as normal.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
only if your superman
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Yes, time travel can be achieved by changing your time zone.

Who the fuck needs a wormhole
Quote by Telecaster7
theoretically yes (i think)

pratically, no, of course not.

Why do you think no-one's done it yet if you could?

So I can catch a plane to Montenegro and stop me from making this thread.:/
what the hell? No? Youll be advancing according to the suns' pattern of orbit, not by TIME.
Erm.
Time as we measure it would change, but time would flow normally.

I'm debating whether you're stupid or a troll.
Quote by that_1_dude24
I'm debating whether you're stupid or a troll.

Neither, much as you'd obviously like to think so.

So if I started in London (+0:00) and flew to Los Angeles (-8:00/+16:00) I'd be eight hours behind the time in London....

I think I'm onto something, Pit.
time light takes to reach a place =/= time travel.

theoretically if a method for viewing the world around perfectly was accesible, you'ld see what happened earlier because light was reflected/refracted through said method.

an example of this is the hubble field. the HST had to be exposed to tha same area for the light of the stars further away to be seen.

EDIT: time zones =/= time. time ones are for the amount of time the sun's upon that area. -- to divide night and day.
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Last edited by shanchett99 at Sep 18, 2009,
They way I see it, time travel is not possible. The only way to "time travel" would be to alter all the matter in the universe to replicate how it was at one specific point in time.

Which is near impossible.

Also, the obligatory is due.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by shanchett99
time light takes to reach a place =/= time travel.

theoretically if a method for viewing the world around perfectly was accesible, you'ld see what happened earlier because light was reflected/refracted through said method.

an example of this is the hubble field. the HST had to be exposed to tha same area for the light of the stars further away to be seen.

EDIT: time zones =/= time. time ones are for the amount of time the sun's upon that area. -- to divide night and day.

Yeah, but things that happen in a place to the East wouldn't have happened yet...I think...?
Quote by Kurinchiru

So if I started in London (+0:00) and flew to Los Angeles (-8:00/+16:00) I'd be eight hours behind the time in London....

But time doesn't flow backwards. You can't stop time, nor make it flow backwards.

Besides, what would be the point saying "I TRAVELLED THRU TIME LOLOLOLOL!!!"? You'd probably be too busy suffering from jetlag.
Quote by Kurinchiru
If I travelled west constantly, across the time zones, would I be able to go back in time?

Conversely, if I did the same going east, would I be able to go into the future?
Only if your speed was correct and you had sufficient power.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
well if you travelled over each time zone over the course of an hour then what would happen is you would be stuck in the same time all the time, but the day would change. e.g.

2 a.m. monday the 5th-->2.a.m tuesday the 6th --> 2 a.m. Wednesday the 7th etc... that would be your life forever
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Kurinchiru
So I can catch a plane to Montenegro and stop me from making this thread.:/

Why don't you get a dictionary and look up the meanings of 'theoretically' and 'practically'...hmmm?
Quote by Kurinchiru

ok think about this, when you get BACK to london you'll see that the only time that's past is the time you wasted going around the world
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Wesseem
well if you travelled over each time zone over the course of an hour then what would happen is you would be stuck in the same time all the time, but the day would change. e.g.

2 a.m. monday the 5th-->2.a.m tuesday the 6th --> 2 a.m. Wednesday the 7th etc... that would be your life forever

But in LESS than an hour?
Quote by Kurinchiru
Okay, look:

Time zones are not actually time; they are how we label time, based on the sun. You could be in China, and it would be 9:50 A.M. instead of P.M. like it would be here, but that's just how we label it; time still consistently flows. We're talking to you, aren't we? We're not all from the same time zone. Does that mean we're from the future? (I hope you can answer that yourself)
Last edited by herby190 at Sep 18, 2009,
Quote by herby190
Okay, look:

Time zones are not actually time; they are how we label time, based on the sun. You could be in China, and 9:50 A.M. instead of P.M. like you would here, but that's just how we label it; time still consistently flows. We're talking to you, aren't we? We're not all from the same time zone. Does that mean we're from the future? (I hope you can answer that yourself)

I NEVER KNEW MY FATHER!
Quote by Kurinchiru

lol ok well..the only time travel you can do is within 25 hours, no more no less. so if you're in the +12 zone you can't go to +13, and if you're in the -12 you can't go to -13. you can move anywhere between +12 and -12 (keep in mine there is a 0 zone). so the MAXIMUM difference you can change is 24 hours. understand? remember the day changes for all time zones...its not like australia stays in september 5 while everyone else keeps going...

so the MOST you can 'time' travel is 24 hours. and also this is just time zones, you're not actually traveling through time.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
in terms of going west to go back in time, thats not how time works.

if you want to go east, you will go forward in time. hell, if you go pretty much anywhere you'll go forward in time.
I have no opinion on this matter.
the only way to successfully go back in time is to mix gasoline with milk and drink it
it opens a space-time vortex and sends you to the future
go ahead, try it, some kid at my school did it and he never came back...

Formspring

Quote by guitarxo

<--- this is a symbol of being awesome
If you need to know what the future is like ask Japan, always a day ahead of us
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Scientifically no. Time is just a measurement that really doesn't exist.
LARGE TEXT
Answer is yes....

...if you are travelling faster than the speed of light...
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
faith in humanity: -15
everything purple tastes like grape
everything blue tastes like blueberry
everything pink tastes like watermelon
everything red tastes like strawberry
everything orange tastes like orange
everything yellow tastes like lemon
of course, because you're a ninja.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
yes. especially because time zones go on forever in both directions.

idiot.
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.