So a few times for the past month or so, I continue to get a message saying my computer is filled with malicious items and that I must do a free scan and it pops up a browser window posing as My Computer and tries to download **** onto my computer. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, you'd know that the pop-up window that "asks" you to do a scan looks like this:

Anyways, I thought this only happened when I browsed innocently on the Pirate Bay, but just a few minutes ago it happened here in the Pit and I'm worried. When this first happened to me it managed to download all the way, so I ran a real scan and it found a bunch of crap, but for the passed 3-4 times it happened, after running a scan it finds nothing.

What do i do?
LARGE TEXT
Sorry I don't know much about computers.

/Computer thread.

What virus protection do you use? Try AVG PRO. Just you-tube " How to get AVG PRO for free - no torrents "
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Sep 18, 2009,
Use Adaware/AVG to remove spywares or viruses.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Quote by joshua122593
It's not a real scan; it's just a silly firefox popup.

LARGE TEXT
Holy. Ask the computer thread,

my suggestion is download avg pro.
a little lost.....
It might be an advertising virus thing. Search your program files for something with a weird name, clear your cookies... stuff like that, you just have to find where it is on your computer. I had one once and this is how I got rid of it.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
malwarebyte's anti malware and spybot search and destroy are the two programs I use, they're free.

It's just a popup that's trying to get you to click it, it's not real. Scan your computer and you should get rid of it.
Quote by Davo Ownz
Sorry I don't know much about computers.

/Computer thread.

What virus protection do you use? Try AVG PRO. Just you-tube " How to get AVG PRO for free - no torrents "

It matches words, not phrases, therefore putting the word torrent in the search will make it find more torrents.

(but I think the top 2 youtube videos even if you do search for that look like they're gonna work)
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
That's a fake anti-virus thing. It's a scam. They try to convince you that your computer has infected so you will pay them for the "full version" to remove the infection, when ironically their software is probably the only thing infecting your computer. Don't install crap like that.

That would fall more under the category of spyware/adware (not viruses), so you will probably need to run a program like Spybot S&D to remove it.
Last edited by Masonpwiley at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by Demonology

It matches words, not phrases, therefore putting the word torrent in the search will make it find more torrents.

(but I think the top 2 youtube videos even if you do search for that look like they're gonna work)

Wow, how very wrong.

Honestly, I feel sorry for you. I will put it in simple words for you.

THE TITLE OF THE VIDEO IS CALLED " HOW TO GET AVG PRO FOR FREE - NO TORRENTS "
a little lost.....

get AVG. its the cats ass
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by Metallizach

get AVG. its the cats ass

icwutudidthar
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Masonpwiley
That's a fake anti-virus thing. It's a scam. They try to convince you that your computer has infected so you will pay them for the "full version" to remove the infection, when ironically their software is probably the only thing infecting your computer. Don't install crap like that.

That would fall more under the category of spyware/adware (not viruses), so you will probably need to run a program like Spybot S&D to remove it.

This. Ive had it come up come up here on UG sometimes, just start the task manager and shut it down.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ