Can anyone explain to me what exactly it is that pots do? where they are? whats the difference between a 500K and 250K?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

pots...........mmmmhhhh
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
pots are variable resistors. there used to control parameters normally. like you volume pot, tone pots, etc.
and the difference between 500K and 250k is about 250k. but seriously, the number refers to the Ohms. diferent guitars, pedals, amps, require a different resistance.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Check out this link. http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm

Pots are variable resistors. If it's 500k, when it's all the way up, it's gonna let more treble through than a 250k. A 1meg pot will let even more treble through. Then there are different tapers. That link explains everything much, much better than I can.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Check out this link. http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/potsecrets/potscret.htm

Pots are variable resistors. If it's 500k, when it's all the way up, it's gonna let more treble through than a 250k. A 1meg pot will let even more treble through. Then there are different tapers. That link explains everything much, much better than I can.

Pots have nothing to to with treble, they are vatiable resistors. If you're referring to your guitar's tone control, the reason for the treble rolloff is that the pot is part of a simple filter circuit with a capacitor.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Pots have nothing to to with treble, they are vatiable resistors. If you're referring to your guitar's tone control, the reason for the treble rolloff is that the pot is part of a simple filter circuit with a capacitor.

The resistance of the pot affects the circuit though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs