I know that you are all probably sick of seeing threads of people asking which amp they should get, but I've spent over a year trying to decide. My current choices are a Peavey 6505+ (possibly modded), 3120 (possibly modded), JSX (possibly modded), Splawn Nitro, or Moss Custom 2-channel (Moss is a small custom company based out of Florida; endorses The Almost, The Chariot, and Every Time I Die).

The styles I typically play are stuff like Four Year Strong, Silverstein, Senses Fail, Alexisonfire, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Anberlin, A Day To Remember, Underoath, Thrice, Brand New, etc.

I want an amp that is capable of fluid high-note stuff like tapping and sweeps, which I know I can get from one of the Peaveys, but I've never played a Splawn or a Moss. Also, it has to be able to cut through a mix (which is why I don't have a Recto on my list). The best tone that I have heard live were that of Underoath with a modded Marshall JCM 800 and Marshall Plexi, but I hate the Marshalls of today (including reissues), and I would rather not buy used.

A Recto has no problem cutting through a mix if EQ'd right.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

A Recto has no problem cutting through a mix if EQ'd right.

I won't disagree. But from my experiences, a 6505+ and a Splawn Nitro cut much better, and of all the bands using Rectos at Warped Tour this year, they were almost impossible to hear. It may have just been the sound guy, but idk.