Hi, I've read articles on this site for years and recently decided that I would make an account and checkout the forums. Excited I clicked on bands and artist and went straight to blues and jazz. Unfortunately it seems like a forum devoted to any thing but metal seem to be dead dying or non existent. I have no problem with the Eddies on the sight, but was simply wondering if there is a hidden group of blues, jazz and classic rock (my definition of classic rock) players that I don't know about. Also as my first time in the forums I wanted to say hi to every one, Hi.
Not really. Around sixty percent of the people who visit this site haven't gotten past their metallica phase.
Last edited by that_1_dude24 at Sep 18, 2009,
I'm an Indie

I'm not br00talz
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I'm in to classic rock. The site just attracts the 13-16 demographic, they're still in the whole "Kirk is god mode" though
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
lol, "Kirk is god"... seriously, I had a Metallica-ish phase, but I always knew Kirk wasn't a very good player...
And I like blues , in the style of Gary Moore, Clapton, buddy guy. What artists do you like?
Quote by Vitor_vdp
lol, "Kirk is god"... seriously, I had a Metallica-ish phase, but I always knew Kirk wasn't a very good player...
And I like blues , in the style of Gary Moore, Clapton, buddy guy. What artists do you like?

Blues is so damn boring >_>
I like robert johnson, bb king, jimi hendrix, pink floyd, beatles, buddy guy, tommy emaunuel and actually like metallica, especialy kill em all
What is with the lack of Muddy Water, Jeff Beck, and Eric Clapton in this blues discussion.
I'm not a blues fan, but everyone should like Robert Johnson.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Any type of music can be boring, if it weren't for people like joe satriani shred would be insanely boring
Quote by BrownsBlues
Any type of music can be boring, if it weren't for people like joe satriani shred would be insanely boring

Correction every type of music is boring if you listen to it, I was kidding anyway, I wanted to see if anyone would be like FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU.
Jeff beck I would say hands down is my number 1 influence everything from the well known blow by blow alblum to the guitar techno of the cd jeff is fantastic
i can't stand t3h br00talz. i am a blueser and classic rock player through and through. my influences being Page, Clapton, Hendrix, Knoplfer, The Edge, SRV, Jeff Beck, Buddy Guy, BB King, Robert Johnson, Slash, Keith Richards, Son House etc. good to see another blues fan. there aren't too many around here.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 18, 2009,
I love the blues and classic rock but I don't listen to a ton of it any more its what i started out listening to i still listen to it ocassionally but these days I'm into newer stuff I think of blues and classic rocks as my "roots" where I came from musically
Quote by Vitor_vdp
hey, don't say blues is boring just because you don't like it. And kill em all is definitely a very good album from them

he was quite obviously joking dude
Quote by Syndromity
Blues is so damn boring >_>

I agree, it all sounds the same
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by MusicMan24
I agree, it all sounds the same

Don't people say this about every genre? Ever?
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Don't people say this about every genre? Ever?

Yes, especially blues indie and metal.

Quote by Vitor_vdp

I feel lack of Gary Moore appreciation...

I agree. Mr. Moore is a great blues and jazz player. Honestly, he's just a great player.
Quote by melton100
I agree. Mr. Moore is a great blues and jazz player. Honestly, he's just a great player.

Allan Holdsworth?

Wat.
To be honest i wasnt familiar with gary moore and after typing his name into the youtube am pretty impressed with his playing
Quote by BrownsBlues
To be honest i wasnt familiar with gary moore and after typing his name into the youtube am pretty impressed with his playing

Look up his stuff with Colloseum II (I think that's how it's spelled) It's a jazz fusion band that he was in during the late 70's. Also, he has done some great Blues stuff. And rock. I'm a bit of a fan.
thanks for the recommendation man im listening to dark side of the moog right now and its great
Quote by BrownsBlues
thanks for the recommendation man im listening to dark side of the moog right now and its great

If you haven't listened to Still GOt The Blues... You need to. Right NAO.
Quote by melton100
If you haven't listened to Still GOt The Blues... You need to. Right NAO.

Haha get the **** out I'm listening to it right now.

CRY GUITAR CRY.