So I have been looking for a new amp for heavy tones. I have found one that I like. Its the VHT Deliverance 60 Combo. I really want a combo so I dont have to buy a cab and so its easier to move around. The problem is that I can't find any of these. Does anybody know where to find them (I checked Ebay) or it not what might be a good alternative to this. Please keep it tube and a combo and I dont want to hear Peavey. I want something of higher quality than that.
Last edited by Alex88 at Sep 18, 2009,
Just a note here: you may find a 2x12 combo much harder to move around, than a head with a separate 2x12 cab. They can get very heavy, especially the more modern metal amps. I can barely lift the Mesa Rectoverb combo, or my mate's JVM, but split into head and cab it becomes two lighter trips.

Plus, buying a separate head/cab will give you much more choice in terms of flexibility.
Yeah I had a JCM 800 4210 combo. Then I had the Blackheart Handsome Devil with an Avatar 2x12 cab. The head and cab annoyed me way more than the one heavy load of the combo and that was a very light head and cab. I am considering buying a Marshall JCM800 4010 and sending it to Voodoo amps to have it modded. I have also been looking at some of the engl Combos like the screamer and the thunder but I dont know if any of these will have the gain that Im looking for. Anybody have any experience with any of them?
Last edited by Alex88 at Sep 19, 2009,
Peavey makes some high quality amps. 5150, Windsor, Classic 30.

But if your intent on getting a combo and not Peavey.... then go with the JCM
I hate my sig
The reason you can't find a VHT Deliverance 60...is because they don't exist anymore....they are now the Fryette Deliverance 60....look for that...you'll have a much easier time
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Yeah I know they are now Fryette but they dont make the combos any more either. I think VHT only made them for a few years even. I think my best bet now is probably going to be either and engl screamer/thunder or a mesa mark IV or II+.

Thanks for your replies.
Quote by Alex88
I dont want to hear Peavey. I want something of higher quality than that.

... Peavey have some really good quality gear dude...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I have played peavey. I dont like them. they dont have a clear sound to me. I have recorded with them and recorded them. I dont like them. Thats the bottom line. Their quality is not as good. they are good for there price and middle of the line amps but I am looking for something higher up. Boutique if you will.
You've obviously had a bad experience, but this isn't to say they're all bad.
Plenty of huge bands have used Peavey on their albums (Funeral For a Friend, Trivium, InFlames, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage e.t.c)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Alex88
I have played peavey. I dont like them. they dont have a clear sound to me. I have recorded with them and recorded them. I dont like them. Thats the bottom line. Their quality is not as good. they are good for there price and middle of the line amps but I am looking for something higher up. Boutique if you will.

Which amps have you played exactly? Many Peaveys are just as good, if not better, than Marshalls from the same era.

Have you got a rough idea of budget by the way? I could give you the names of millions of high-end heavy metal amps but a lot of them are seriously pricey.
I have a budget of 1,200 - 1,500 dollars. I am thinking of a used mesa mark II or IV. that's about what they run on eBay. if you have any other suggestions that would be great.
Quote by Alex88
Please keep it tube and a combo and I dont want to hear Peavey. I want something of higher quality than that.

sounds like you've never played a Peavey Classic 30.

consider looking at a mesa Stilleto, Mesa Roadster, Bugera 333 212, or a Budda Superdrive
lol i have played a Classic 30. Im not a huge fan of the bugeras but I would really like to try the stilleto, roadster, and the budda.
For the Superdrive series you'd be getting into the 80 if you want metal outta them, which is a bit more than $1,500...

You don't find too many of 'em on eBay aside from the cheaper models.

I say Mesa Mark III. Check out the ENGL Blackmore as well.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??