I played around a little with a Egnater Tourmaster 4212 All-tube combo today at GC, but it being late in the day, I didn't play it for long.

My question to anyone with a Tourmaster or to anyone that has played one extensively is:

What genre would you use it for? I Play classic rock, hard rock, blues, blues rock, and Punk/Alternative. Would this amp suit me. I have no problem running a Dist pedal and chorus pedal through it.

Its got 4 channels, so I'm 99% sure I'll get the tone I want one way or another.

But anyways, would/do you recommend this amp?
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
i loved that amp when i played it. it would pretty much nail all the tones you want, without any pedals.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Same as chea_man. I loved it. Much more so when I looked at the price tag. It isn't the best at all the tones I would want but it's pretty damn good.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Thanks, both of yuh. Great to hear.

But I've also been hearing that you can get a lot of the same tone from a Fender Deville or Deluxe for a lot less price. Any comment? I was unable to play them side by side today.
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

Quote by guitarp_11
Thanks, both of yuh. Great to hear.

But I've also been hearing that you can get a lot of the same tone from a Fender Deville or Deluxe for a lot less price. Any comment? I was unable to play them side by side today.

No way. The Tourmaster is superior to the DeVille and Deluxe in every way. The cleans are nicer and the distortion is much, much nicer. Plus you get a real FX loop and assignable wattage. And I haven't heard of people having many mechanical problems with them. In the five years I've owned my DeVille I've had to get it fixed 3 times.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
No way. The Tourmaster is superior to the DeVille and Deluxe in every way. The cleans are nicer and the distortion is much, much nicer. Plus you get a real FX loop and assignable wattage. And I haven't heard of people having many mechanical problems with them. In the five years I've owned my DeVille I've had to get it fixed 3 times.

Thanks, great to learn. In al ittle research I've done, I've read about a few problems from a couple people.

Also, I love the Wattage circuit. Wish it could be half/full power by channel also, but its great the way it is, it seems.
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

Quote by guitarp_11
Thanks, great to learn. In al ittle research I've done, I've read about a few problems from a couple people.

Also, I love the Wattage circuit. Wish it could be half/full power by channel also, but its great the way it is, it seems.

You can set different power levels for different channels if that's what you mean. I've heard a few stories but nothing that compares to some of the troubles I've had with my DeVille.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

You can't get the same tones from the Deville or Deluxe. It has a whole different range of overdriven tones and the cleans are very nice sounding. I played one for a long time with both humbuckers and single coils. It will definitely do the tones you want.
Quote by mmolteratx
You can set different power levels for different channels if that's what you mean. I've heard a few stories but nothing that compares to some of the troubles I've had with my DeVille.

Yeah, I know about the individual channel wattage settings, but I almost wish it had half power/full power for each channel individually rather than just as a Master Setting for all 4.
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous

Thanks all.

@sg4ever

I'll be playing it through buckers for quite a while tell I save up enuff again for a nice American strat.
***No Advertising***

Quote by Anonymous