Audio Technica CP8201 Lo Z to Hi Z Impedance Transformer (Item #: AUD CP8201)

Cakewalk UA 1G USB Audio Interface (Item #: CAK UA1G)

CBI LowZ Microphone Cable - 6 Foot

MXL 440 Studio Condenser Microphone (Item #: MAS 440)

does this gear seem good? It came to a total of 184.99$ or something? I have not bought it yet... and also will the audio interface improve the tone, if not I'll be getting an sm57 also, this is not for very serious recording, eventually I also would like to add a mixer, but that can happen down the line
?.... This is way too much.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MDOMOBILEPRE
Any 20 ft mic cable
Get a used sm57 from ebay, so much cheaper.

And remember the important thing with audio interfaces is that it records in 24bit for nice high quality.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by sesstreets
?.... This is way too much.

Any 20 ft mic cable
Get a used sm57 from ebay, so much cheaper.

And remember the important thing with audio interfaces is that it records in 24bit for nice high quality.

yeah, I found one on ebay for like 79 dollars or something, but its 60 for the mic
129 for the interface, I switched the original one out for the one you suggested, it was like 20 more dollars and reviews seemed a lot better, 14 for the cable, and 14 for the XLR to 1/4 converter

is that really too much for all of this?
Last edited by eberg2 at Sep 19, 2009,
Oh no I just mis understood your post. You had nice stuff, just if you spent a tiny little more you would get a better thing.

Personally, I love my fasttrack pro, thing's a ****ing beast. And I bought a nice 25' mic cable and an sm57. Works pretty well.

Now all I need is an amp :P
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Wait wait wait. If this is for taking guitar amps into an audio interface you use either a mic -> xlr cable -> interface, or if its direct from guitar to interface its just guitar -> mono jack -> interface

Notice that the one I chose has both xlr and mono inputs (xlr on the back)
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
Wait wait wait. If this is for taking guitar amps into an audio interface you use either a mic -> xlr cable -> interface, or if its direct from guitar to interface its just guitar -> mono jack -> interface

Notice that the one I chose has both xlr and mono inputs (xlr on the back)

its for the microphone...........I want to mic my amps and hit record basically, haha, obviously more involved than that, tjhese are not my first recordings, I'm just looking to upgrade