I have played for a year and now want to start to play hard rock like led zeppelin, guns n roses(old), Black Sabbath, Ac Dc, Metallica,etc. What are song easy songs to start with and what techniques and scales should I know. Also what are some good exercises to help me. Thank you.
Highway to hell
Paranoid

Mostly ACDC lol
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
Quote by Guitar Dream
I have played for a year and now want to start to play hard rock like led zeppelin, guns n roses(old), Black Sabbath, Ac Dc, Metallica,etc. What are song easy songs to start with and what techniques and scales should I know. Also what are some good exercises to help me. Thank you.

DUDE learn some ACDC its all easy. Highway to hell, TNT, back in black etc.

Some sabbath is easy, like paranoid.

zeppelins a bit harder and so is GNR, but you could give them a shot.

Metallica is hard usualy, but enter sandman, for whom the bell tolls, fade to black and seek and destroy are pretty easy.

PS seek and destroy looks hard, but its very consistent strait thru, it uses 8th (8 to a bar) notes the whole way through basicaly. The solos hard but leave it out, by that time u get bored with it anyway LOL
all right thx dude, and lol learning highway to hell right now it is easy and already know paranoid except for the solo which ill probaly learn tomorow, but thx for the help
Alot of metallica is actually really easy to play,

Also have a look at megadeth also pretty fun

Ride the lightning is fairly simple
You need minor and major pentatonics, for Slash also the harmonic minor scale (Same asa natural minor but ith a riased 7th). Palm muting is important too, sometimes pinch harmonics as well depending on the song.
Quote by HendrixClaptonP
You need minor and major pentatonics, for Slash also the harmonic minor scale (Same asa natural minor but ith a riased 7th). Palm muting is important too, sometimes pinch harmonics as well depending on the song.

omg minor pentatonic is hardcore