Hi there, I have been playing classical guitar for about 4 years now and have been playing electric for about 2.
ATM i have a ****ty SX Strat copy guitar and some small practice amp that came with it. I am looking to upgrade to a decent setup that will last me awhile. I play mainly rock and blues so something suitable will be nice.
I have about $850 Australian which translate to about 750 american. I have been looking at The epiphone Les Paul and SG ranges but cant decide on anything. Also have no clue on what amp. Thx in advance to anyhelp
Peace
Well that is about £460, so I can help you but you need to be a little more specific, what kind of stuff do you play?
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
used USA series tele, fender champion 600 or Fender superchamp XD.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I mostly play stuff by artists like Eric Clapton, Eric Johston, GnR and abit of improv. Thx
eric clapton - strat
eric johnson - strat
slash - les paul

maybe an SG would be good. humbuckers, but has similar response to a strat in some aspects.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

HSS strat?
with vox ac4? lol
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Troll ebay continously.You could probably find a used G-400 for about $300.Old,high wattage,solidstate amps seem to be really cheap here and a really good deal.Plenty of peaveys's and what not kicking around.Look for them.Add a dist pedal or two and you should be set.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Silver-spear94
eric clapton - strat
eric johnson - strat
slash - les paul

maybe an SG would be good. humbuckers, but has similar response to a strat in some aspects.

Or maybe a fat strat?