Techno music is synonymous with Rave parties ( also known as duf parties ). Basically where 100 or so people share ecstasy tablets with each other and play techno music out in a forest or deserted paddock.

What raves have you been to recently? Who was playing? Did you enjoy it or hate it?
a little lost.....
A group of my friends are going to LA for Monster Massive to see Armin soon, but unfortunately I don't have the cash to go. I will be seeing Bassnectar and Infected Mushroom in November though, which is gonna be crazy!
yeah - that'll be awesome.

How much is it to go to Monster Massive? Sure you couldn't raise some and go?
a little lost.....
It's costing them $400 each, plus whatever they want for spending money/substances. They already bought tickets and everything so it's too late now, and I'm pretty broke. I owe my parents $9,000 abt (****in legal fees). It'll be sick I'm sure though, they're expecting around 100,000 people this year, and Armin Van Buuren, DJ Sasha, John O'Callaghan, and a lot more(whom I haven't heard of before).

The Infected Cocnert should be insane, especially because of my girl Lucy :P. I know they'll be playing a lot of the stuff off of their new album, Legend of the Black Shawarma, but I hope they play some older stuff as well. Bassnectar's new album drops Oct. 1st as well, so the concert will be crazy!

So what's everyone else going to?
Lol, I just went to a few aussie raves.

it was awesome.
a little lost.....
I went to one at electric picnic this year. Did'nt enjoy it too much though, Id ran out of booze and was comming down off ectasy. I think Ill make a point of going there absolutely mashed next year.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Last freeparty I went to we had no drugs/drink, queued up for 4 hours to get in because of security problems, someone got chain whipped inside.

We left. The freeparty scene in London is pretty bad to be honest. Too much coke, skunk and ket not enough good MDMA maaaaaaaaaaan.
that sucks, and yeah i agree that those aren't good substances for these kinds of scenes.I really wanna try K, but not when I'm out, just at my place. I think the only ones that actually work with it are like MDMA, MDA, alc, LSD, psilocybin, THC, etc. Whenever I'm at something like that and everyone's geeked out, it sucks, they are just obnoxious and crazy. Not enough love.

So Tiesto is coming to Chicago for halloween, and I know a lot of people who are going but tickets are $80. It sucks, I'd have to spend like $160 for me and my girl. Then I definitly couldn't see Bassnectar or Infected Mushroom, both of whome kick Tiesto's ass imo.
Kets not a bad drug, its just very antisocial and can rile up cokeheads and aggressive people because they tend to fall all over the place.

Cannabis, I mean obviously everyones on it, but then you get the rudeboys smoking in the corners with the screwface, a bit pranged out because they've smoked too much.

Coke is the main problem though, just far too many coked up cunts everywhere now days. Hopefully the coke fad will pass in a year or two because it really is huge at the moment.
I'm 14 lol, so I have no previous experience with drugs. I am the youngest person at all the raves I go to. I sneak in with my older cousin.
a little lost.....
Quote by Davo Ownz
Techno music is synonymous with Rave parties ( also known as duf parties ). Basically where 100 or so people share ecstasy tablets with each other and play techno music out in a forest or deserted paddock.

What raves have you been to recently? Who was playing? Did you enjoy it or hate it?

Sounds like the setting of a ****ty horror movie.
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.
any more drug talk and i'm closing this thread. this forum is for music discussion.
from daylight...
...into darkness
Sure, that's true.

Guy's, please keep on track. You can say you had fun with the drug WHILST enjoying so and so. But if you want to discuss drugs take it to the drug thread.

I am going to see stenchman next year.
a little lost.....
Thats a long time away.

I thought this was about raves/freeparties as events, and drugs are pretty vital to the scene. They dictate what they're gonna be like normally. I didnt think it was about music in particular.
Quote by divid3d
any more drug talk and i'm closing this thread. this forum is for music discussion.

I agree with DavRev

I am sure you're OK with us talking about drugs in relation to raves? Just not exclusively.
a little lost.....
this forum is for discussing bands/artists so if the thread/discussion is not focussed on the music then it doesn't belong here.

i don't mind if you mention drugs from time to time in context with your stories, but if you want to have a discussion about drugs, that's what the drug thread is for.

drugs do exist in the rave scene and have been a big part of it, i'm well aware of that, but they are definitely not required in order to enjoy electronic music or dance parties and i absolutely hate when people imply that. there is much more to a party than drugs - most importantly the music, but also production (sound, lighting etc), crowd, atmosphere, location... plenty of stuff to talk about in here, whilst saving the detailed drug talk for the drug thread.
from daylight...
...into darkness
^ I agree that drugs are not required in anyway, and are probably the least important of the aspects you mentioned. I have gone to several clubs (more house or "euro"[at least what stupid americans call euro] music) sober and had a blast. They can even take away from the party, if you get too f'd up, or around people who are.

What would be your guys dream lineup for a rave? Mine would be:

Infected Mushroom
Armin Van Buuren
1200 Micrograms
Bassnectar
Paul Van Dyk
ATB
STS9
Shpongle
Vibesquad
Breakbeatbuddha
Eliot Lipp
Quote by divid3d
this forum is for discussing bands/artists so if the thread/discussion is not focussed on the music then it doesn't belong here.

i don't mind if you mention drugs from time to time in context with your stories, but if you want to have a discussion about drugs, that's what the drug thread is for.

drugs do exist in the rave scene and have been a big part of it, i'm well aware of that, but they are definitely not required in order to enjoy electronic music or dance parties and i absolutely hate when people imply that. there is much more to a party than drugs - most importantly the music, but also production (sound, lighting etc), crowd, atmosphere, location... plenty of stuff to talk about in here, whilst saving the detailed drug talk for the drug thread.

To right,

I cant wait till next Saturday - going to a small rave out of town.

Divi3d, do you use oztrance?
a little lost.....
I'm going to one in November and Planet of the Drums, which is a tour with the biggest drum and bass names in america. It'll be less of a rave and more of a concert but whatever.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.