hey UG
its time i upgraded my guitar so i want to install new pups, i play metal mostly ( trivium, bullet for my valentine, children of bodom....)

ive been told that that emgz 85 - 81 would make a great combination, but the pickups i got installed right no are passive and its really going to be messy to switch from passive to active so i thought id get the emgz later when i buy a new guitar.....

researched a bit and found that the seymour duncan invader would be awesome yet the guy at a local guitar shop recomended the dimebucker....
what pickup should i get? and what would go great with it as a neck pup?
~cheers - jurji
GeaR :

CORT x6 equipped with Seymour Duncan Invaders

Digitech RP250

Shitty 30w Silvertone Amp

Randall RG50TC
tbh, judging by your sig, you'd get a much bigger improvement from a new amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
X-6 standard pups are not bad. Amp first, really. Then a pair of IronGear Steamhammer or Hammerhead and you might still have change from the cost of a set of EMGs
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

emg's would be good for those styles of music, but as said earlier, you really need a better amp+ switching from passive to active would be a pain in the ass, and if you get emg's kiss your cleans good-bye, you'll never see them again.

The invader is a really good pickup.
Yar, I know it's not as much fun as new pickups, but get a new amp. You'll experience a more satisfactory change that way.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by son of anarchy
emg's would be good for those styles of music, but as said earlier, you really need a better amp+ switching from passive to active would be a pain in the ass, and if you get emg's kiss your cleans good-bye, you'll never see them again.

The invader is a really good pickup.

Fail.

I get decent cleans with EMGs through my 6505... they really aren't that bad. Just use the neck pick up instead of the bridge.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
You don't need new pickups yet, you need a new amp.

Pickups won't make a blind bit of difference at this stage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com