Alright guys i need to buy a bass but i am stuck (still) at WHICH one ... help me out will you please ??

the shortlisted guitars are-
Cort Curbow-5
Cort C5H
Ibanez GSR 205
and a Dean Edge1

so which one should i go for ??

oh and i already decided my amp .. its a Laney RB1

Ibanez the build quality is superb also good choice on the amp its a good starting amp.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
^+1
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
The guy who owns my local guitar shop switched to a Curbow last year and told me he is unlikely to ever play any other brand in future, That's impressive.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Well, the B5 does have some nice circuitry, and Bartolinis. I guess that would be the main difference between that and the C5H. Either way, with Cort you'll great value for money.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

I own a dean edge-1. an older one. the newer ones don't sound as good and feel worse to play...which is pretty bad because my dean is pretty crappy feel-wise. I'd avoid it personally.

That leaves the cort and the ibanez. Haven't played a Cort myself but I've heard good things

I'm a huge ibanez fan and others have/will agree that they make good basses, especially in the budget range. my vote goes to the ibanez.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I am mainly guitar and drums, but I do have to have a bass for recording (solo project) and I find that Ibanez is pretty quality for what they have, so I am naturally going to say the Ibana, go for it. I wouls stay away from Dean, if they're anything like guitars.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
The Cort B5 is great in terms of tone and versatility, and the neck is really smooth. It's bass that's great for all styles and when you buy a Cort, you're paying for quality not just a brand name on the headstock.
Cort is easily the best company there for quality, feel, tone and everything else. Considering how many other company bass guitars they produce, there outstanding. They also make G&L, Lakland, squier and otheres there. They easily beat all your other options. Cort it is.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I say Ibanez
Metal is like a apple, no-one likes the core.
Doesn't Cort make the GSR series anyway?

Apart from the Dean, any of those will be just fine...pick the one that appeals to you the most. Build quality and tone won't be very different between the brands.
Nope, no sig here.
aye that be true with ye GSR.

I'd go with cort, any of the mentioned choices are great
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Thanks Alot all of you for the advice !! I really couldnt have done without all your help !! Thanks !
Ibanez on top, Cort second
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!