Okay so my buddy is looking to buy a new guitar and we narrowed it down to the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with Duncan Blackouts.
Any suggestions as to which one to go with?

And yeah my username is lame. I know. I agree. I made my account in two seconds like four years ago without thinking it through. Cut me some slack.
You made your account 4 years ago with a join date of Nov 07?
Right...

Edit: What amp is this guitar going to be going through and what genres of music?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 19, 2009,
[quote="'[HXC!!!"]']Okay so my buddy is looking to buy a new guitar and we narrowed it down to the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with Duncan Blackouts.
Any suggestions as to which one to go with?

And yeah my username is lame. I know. I agree. I made my account in two seconds like four years ago without thinking it through. Cut me some slack.

Ever bother to look BELOW your name?

On topic, the Blackjack.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Hellraiser hands down
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
A Blackjack ATX and a Hellraiser with Blackouts are pretty much identical except for the maple top on the Hellraiser.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
BlackJack
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Hellraisers come stock with with EMG pickups (81TW bridge pickup, 89 neck pickup). Is the one you're buying used, because the only way it would have Blackouts in it is if it were owned buy someone who changed the pickups.
Hellraiser, do it. They are sick compared to your other option, and I like duncans, and have blackouts on one of mine, the Ibanez I think, but yeah you can't go wrong with the Helly dude.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
If the hellraiser has SD's, get it because it has the quilted maple top that gives a major low end boost.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
^
But the Quilted Maple top is too thin to make a difference to the tone. And the neck of the Hellraiser has a gloss finish, thereby making it sticky and slower. The ATX however has a smooth neck and imo better finish. Get the ATX
Hellraisers have EMG 81/89TW's, not blackouts. only the Blackjack ATX has the blackouts, which I recomend

The ATX is an amazing guitar and a lot more versatile than the hellraisers.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93

a lot more versatile than the hellraisers.

Oh really, how come ? Because it has blackouts ? In fact, these EMG's hellraier has are far more versatile than blackouts, especially after 18v mod, both bridge and neck pickup can be coil splitted, and 89 is designed to be a mixture of SA (single coil pickup, when splitted) and 85 (humbucker). Now, can you say anything about splitting blackouts ?
Blackjack ATX.... Obviously... What else would I say???
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
why does the hellraiser have blackouts? unless it was used. but if yur gonna buy a new one then put blackouts in, you should just get the blackjack atx. both guitars are good, although with the hellraiser you have coil-splitting, and the blackcherry model has a quilted top which looks nice.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
The Coil tap of the EMG's is completely useless. Sounds no different. There is a video on youtube comparing the 2 guitars. The ATX has MUCH better cleans and better distortion
Quote by Aditya_ram
The Coil tap of the EMG's is completely useless. Sounds no different.
? Christ, are you deaf ? Have you ever actually heard them coil tapped ? Because I did, in fact I do now, and I sure can notice the difference.
Compare even its coil tapped cleans to the cleans of an ATX. The Hellraiser is nowhere near as good
Id go with the Hellraiser. The blackouts in the ATX aren't all that great, IMO.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
Although I'd love to chime in on yet another EMG-Duncan war, I can't because I DON'T USE EITHER OF THEM. You have exactly 1 reasonable option: PLAY BOTH GUITARS, preferably through the same rig, and see which you like better. Given the choice though, I'd get the Blackjack. Actually, if I could afford it, I'd get the hellraiser and then put in blackouts. If the hellraiser you looked at has blackouts, I'd give some favor to it, but I can't make up your mind for you.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Aditya_ram
Compare even its coil tapped cleans to the cleans of an ATX. The Hellraiser is nowhere near as good

So, at first you say there is no difference, but now you are telling me to compare coil tapped EMG (which is no different, in your opinion), presuming it will suck balls. No offence, but it seems to me, like you have never actually played any of these guitars, OR played only blackjack.
Quote by Aditya_ram
The Coil tap of the EMG's is completely useless. Sounds no different. There is a video on youtube comparing the 2 guitars. The ATX has MUCH better cleans and better distortion

Are you comparing the quality of a guitars sound via youtube? If so that isn't very smart imo. Youtube vids are horrible for sound quality and in no way truyl reflect the guitars proper sound.
Quote by r4ster
So, at first you say there is no difference, but now you are telling me to compare coil tapped EMG (which is no different, in your opinion), presuming it will suck balls. No offence, but it seems to me, like you have never actually played any of these guitars, OR played only blackjack.

What I meant was that even with the coil tap, Coil Tapped EMG's don't sound that different for when it is not coil tapped. In both Cases, the cleans on the Blackouts are better.
But most people who own a Hellraiser are like OMG It has Teh Coil Tapppz!
Big deal, still can't beat the ATX
[quote="'[HXC!!!"]']And yeah my username is lame. I know. I agree. I made my account in two seconds like four years ago without thinking it through. Cut me some slack.

I'm completely ignoring the rest because everyone else seems to be arguing nicely. do you say this every time you make a thread or something? I'd have completely forgotten about or gotten used to a stupid username by now. in fact, I have. I put horsemen instead of horseman when I created mine and felt like an idiot, and I wanted to change it to something completely different a month later. but I got over it.

oh yea, and you joined TWO years ago, not four.
Blackjack ATX is way more sexy than all the Hellraiser combined!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

I prefer the Hellraiser myself but I've heard some very nice things about the Blackjack ATX.

I don't think the cleans on the 81/85 pickups in my Hellraiser sound terrible...I've managed to be happy with the few things I have tried to play clean so far.

Either way you go I'm sure you'll be getting a quality guitar.
Quote by Aditya_ram
What I meant was that even with the coil tap, Coil Tapped EMG's don't sound that different for when it is not coil tapped. In both Cases, the cleans on the Blackouts are better.
But most people who own a Hellraiser are like OMG It has Teh Coil Tapppz!
Big deal, still can't beat the ATX

Have you ever played one of these guitars, or you just base your opinion, on the youtube clip you`ve seen ?