Hey everybody!

I got an assignment on school about classic rock and since I'm the only 'metalhaed' in the class I got an assignment in which I should compare Metal or Rock music with classical music, like Bach and Verdi etc.
Does anybody here know any songs which contain parts or solos which look like/sound like classical parts of compositions or songs?
Please do not name Classico – Tenacious D, I already got that one.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Does anybody know if the last solo (tapping) of One - Metallica looks like any classical song?
You don't have to hold the door open for me
I can do that myself
Emerson, Lake & Palmer version of Pictures of an Exhibition (M. Mussorgsky). A real masterpiece...
In music, I plead for selective eclecticism.
I would go with some Bach. His music is so complicated, yet so simple. It is a lot like metal actually. Bouree, which is in classico by tenacious d, is a form of stepping in and out of happiness imo. If you listen to his prelude in cm, it is dumb crazy and fast, more complicated that tapping solo, but uses same ideas of arpeggios and chord changes in the bass. A simplified version are his intro minuets in G. Minuet 1, 2, 3.

Romantic music like beethoven and wagner are good. You can use the fact that so many of them used dissonance to create tension, whereas a metaler would use heavy distortion. Stay away from 'classic' era music. That is like Mozart and handel. That is music designed to sound good and simple and pleasing, which is not the point of metal imo.
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
I don't I can really top this spot on advice, but yeah Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert and possibly even Joe Satriani
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Quote by Bluesy...
I would go with some Bach. His music is so complicated, yet so simple. It is a lot like metal actually. Bouree, which is in classico by tenacious d, is a form of stepping in and out of happiness imo. If you listen to his prelude in cm, it is dumb crazy and fast, more complicated that tapping solo, but uses same ideas of arpeggios and chord changes in the bass. A simplified version are his intro minuets in G. Minuet 1, 2, 3.

Romantic music like beethoven and wagner are good. You can use the fact that so many of them used dissonance to create tension, whereas a metaler would use heavy distortion. Stay away from 'classic' era music. That is like Mozart and handel. That is music designed to sound good and simple and pleasing, which is not the point of metal imo.

Thanks, this was useful =D
You don't have to hold the door open for me
I can do that myself
Frank Zappa used a lot of Stravinsky and Varese quotes in his music. Then again, Zappa was also a legitimate classical composer as well.

Prog is so full of classical influence that it's impossible to know where to begin. For modern rock and metal, you can't really get much more "classical" than Muse.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
there was a stone roses song that used some baethoven i seem to remember, but i cant be shoure. also eddie van halen was a clasicly trained musican before he picked up a guitar!
You're My Wife Now