hello there UG,

I am looking around for a Peavey Bandit (seems like the best choice) and I'd like to know more about the different models over the ages, thus far I have gleaned this:

(in approximate chronological order)
1. Bandit 65
2. Bandit 75
3. 100w
4. 80w (solo series?)
5. Sheffield (red and grey)
6. New one (out of my price range)

So have you any other knowledge? Are there any more models I should be aware of? Any to avoid? What have been your own experiences with old bandits?

Big thank you to you all

EDIT: Anyone got a 75w watt Bandit?
I would love to hear your opinions, it's all transistor I think.
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Last edited by Cachao at Sep 19, 2009,
I have the transtube bandit 112, the cleans are good and the dirtychannel is pretty decent but i guess its something a distortion/OD pedal cant fix.

What music you play may be good to know too.
Quote by mini_groning
I have the transtube bandit 112, the cleans are good and the dirtychannel is pretty decent but i guess its something a distortion/OD pedal cant fix.

What music you play may be good to know too.

+1.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
judging by the musicians in your sig you like a big of most things. do you gig? if not, get the smallest waggage you can find to save money. 100w solid state is a nice round number for gigging with.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I do gig, I want the kind of sounds in my sig.

Transtube-that's the red and grey one isn't it? Made only a few years ago?
Quote by SLonergan

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
There are many transtube amplifiers. I have one for sale, pm if your interested.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
sorry, I'm in the UK and specifically asking about bandits atm, they have had the best reactions from what I have heard.

No-one else got a bandit?
Anyone got a 75w Bandit? It's all transistor I think.
Quote by SLonergan

No-one got a Peavey Bandit 75 (Solo Series I think)?
Quote by SLonergan

I've played the newer version of the Bandit. Great amp.

The amp needs to be cranked in order to sound good (at around 2 on 100% with boosted mids is really, really loud).

The cleans are pretty good, and the distortion I'd say is pretty good, though some don't like it. I think the distortion takes a lot of tweaking, so maybe that's why. The distortion channel sounds like ass when the volume is low, so that may be another reason why people say they hate it.

Overall, I'd say the Bandit is well worth your time. It's not a practice amp. They are for small gigs.
Thanks alot, I'll bear that in mind-but that's the new one with a valve, what about the old ones? The one I'm looking at is transistor only.

The Bandit 75 (solo series)
Quote by SLonergan

Quote by Cachao
Thanks alot, I'll bear that in mind-but that's the new one with a valve, what about the old ones? The one I'm looking at is transistor only.

The Bandit 75 (solo series)
There is no new one with a valve.

I'm talking about the transistor only one. You really do need to crank it. It sounds real muddy at a low volume.
Takes pedals really well too. Fairly harmonically rich, for a transistor amp.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
ah cool, thanks. Really? I thought the two most recent ones were transube.
Yeah, I'm happy to crank it who isn't
Quote by SLonergan