Okay, so basicly.. I want to improve my playing abit as I'm getting bored of just strumming chords. I want a bit of a melody too I guess. & I've listened to loads of fingerpicking songs & they all sound brilliant (I could literally sit there listening to a guitarist finger pick for hours on end). So I want to learn this talent for myself. I've tried some songs myself & can play them quite good (slower than the originals tho) like Sexy Love by Ne-yo.

So my question. What are some beginner fingerpicking songs? For straight out beginners who want to learn fingerpicking. I wanna start from the basics rather than rush in you see. Also, can you recommend me well known fingerpicking songs? (Even if its not originally fingerpicking, but there is a fingerpicking version). Thanks.
The Bard's Song
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Try "Blackbird" and "Yesterday" by the Beatles. They're pretty easy.

Oh, and "Road trippin" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's a little fast, but the chords are simple.
I Will Follow You Into the Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
Angeles - Elliott Smith
Stairway to Heaven? It was my first one. Also, I second Blackbird by the Beatles. I love that song.
Everything thats been said so far.

I'd like to point out this has been done multiple times with the exact same thread title and the same answers were given. Just sayin'
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Fade to Black was my first fingerpicked song, its quite easy
Currently Playing:
Arma 2/3, Dayz, GW2, GTA, Splinter Cell, ESO, FF:X, Pokemon X
Windy and Warm, Chet Atkins
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
Well I bought a beginnner finger picking book that has tons of nice melodies. But as a beginner song just to get you used to it and for starters, I say start with "Dust In the Wind". Really easy, but you have to start somewhere.
landslide-fleetwood mac
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!