Well my wallet says it's new guitar time. I've been playing non-stop for 3 years and if I traveled back through time to show my old self what I learned he would be satisfied.

These are what I've been looking at:
http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/RG321MHCA-88cd23d420df13c64022e92358b85530.jpg

and

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481914

Now:

1. would it be a good idea to try the first model I posted and buy the 2nd model online instead? (because the local store no has it ) I figure if I like the Wizard II neck I'd like most of the RG models then. Yes I know tone might be different but that mostly comes down to the amp...

2. Will this amp hold back any of these guitars tone wise?
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_VYPYR15%20Modeling%20Guitar%20Combo%20Amp_-1_10052_10002_-49955405_cmCategorySA182890

I will NOT be recording or gigging with this amp. Instead I plan on buying a Line 6 Studio POD.

So any help would be apppreciated.
Can you post the name of the first one? I can't identify guitars just by sight <_<
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Yeah, it'd probably feel about the same, if not better.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Peavey Vypyr series are great with just about any guitar.
But I suggest getting the Peavey Vypyr 30, it's apparently much more versatile than the 60, 75, 100, and 120.
Apparently, according to rumors*

If you're an Ibanez fan, I'd say go for the RG series.
Gear

Ibanez RG350DX Electric Guitar With DiMarzio Tone Zone
Academy Electric Guitar
BeaverCreek Acoustic Guitar

Roland Micro Cube Amp
Academy 15W Amp
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey Sanpera Footswitch I
for what you are doing now your amp will do you well.

Both guitars will have a very similar feel. If I were picking the guitar I would get the second one. It looks better visually
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by whoahesgood
Peavey Vypyr series are great with just about any guitar.
But I suggest getting the Peavey Vypyr 30, it's apparently much more versatile than the 60, 75, 100, and 120.
Apparently, according to rumors*

If you're an Ibanez fan, I'd say go for the RG series.

Thing is 30 watts is a lot for my room. So yea I'll guess I'll play around with the amp with an RG and buy the more expensive one online.
I'd have the 321MH. Better wood and a lower price. Swap in some better pickups with the savings and enjoy years of wonderful playability and sound.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
I'd have the 321MH. Better wood and a lower price. Swap in some better pickups with the savings and enjoy years of wonderful playability and sound.

This. My brother has one and it plays fantastically. It stays in tune very well also.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Made in Mexico
I would get neither of those, because they both look **** ugly.

So's your face?

Well thanks for the info guys. I think I will go for the 321MH and save me some money. I mean as long as I get a decent red finish I'm happy, of course after I find that it plays well.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by metaldud536
So's your face?

Well thanks for the info guys. I think I will go for the 321MH and save me some money. I mean as long as I get a decent red finish I'm happy, of course after I find that it plays well.
That's the nice thing about RG's, I find. All the mid range ones have necks that have to have come from a machine. There don't ever seem to be any variations on the Wizard II shape so every guitar plays great.

As long as you like the Wizard II neck any playability woes can be cured with a good setup.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Well I just bought the 321MH off of musiciansfriend.com. Candy Apple red. I didn't want another black guitar.

What I'm gonna do is take the guitar to Sam Ash when I have it and try out the amps. While I was there I tried the 30X and the Vypyr and I just couldn't get a good lead sound. I tried an RG with Ibanez made active pickups and I didn't like the tone the high e string was giving me.