* Bound mahogany body
* Set maple neck
* Rosewood fretboard with black pearl dots
* 26-1/2" scale
* Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) and '59 (SH-1n) pickups
* Grover tuners
* TonePros bridge with through-body strings

$749

I'm looking at a guitar that is more well rounded, apart from just being 'metal' and 'heavy sounding'. Which one would you recommend? Chers
The Hellraiser, more controls to offer. Although I'm not crazy about the pickups I'd deal with it, and the Mahogany on Mahogany would sell me on this too.
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 19, 2009,
the blackjack. more controls doesn't always mean better. the passives will also be more versatile so they'll do more than just metal and hard rock
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I am definitely digging the hardware on the Hellraiser more than the Blackjack, but the only things stopping me are the Active pickups (Anyone try these?) and the gay gothic crosses on the hellraiser

The mahogany on mahogany on the hellraiser calls for a deeper, woodier sound which I dig.

IN case i'm not able to do the cleaner jazzier stuff on the hellraiser, Could I swap out the actives for more 'rounded' actives later?
well, there are Seymour Duncan Blackouts. they're a lot more versatile than EMG's. they come standard on Schecter Blackjack ATX (not just blackjack). Which I actually love more than hellraisers. i'd recomend it. it's the same price as the hellraiser too. and it comes in 7-strings.

but nothing's going to be more versatile than passives.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
You could definitely put better actives in there down the road if they don't give you your feel, I'm not hot with active pickups and I can't say how the 707's handle as I've never experienced them. Like that dude said, more controls doesn't always mean better, but I like to have more to play with on my guitar, in terms of versatility guitar wise I'd say the Hellraiser is better. The only setback is pups, that's only a setback though if you're like me and don't like actives.
Quote by XeroDivide
You could definitely put better actives in there down the road if they don't give you your feel, I'm not hot with active pickups and I can't say how the 707's handle as I've never experienced them. Like that dude said, more controls doesn't always mean better, but I like to have more to play with on my guitar, in terms of versatility guitar wise I'd say the Hellraiser is better. The only setback is pups, that's only a setback though if you're like me and don't like actives.

the controls are 2 volumes and one tone. not one volume 2 tones. and with actives, it's very rarely you would ever need to use 2 volume controls.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
the controls are 2 volumes and one tone. not one volume 2 tones. and with actives, it's very rarely you would ever need to use 2 volume controls.

Manual Tremolo anyone???

To add in with what that dude is saying, the ATX is definitely nice, Ebony fingerboard would have me hop on that quick. I'm not a fan of Duncans to be honest, I'd swap in some Dimarzio if I got it with duncans asap.
Quote by randomhero93
well, there are Seymour Duncan Blackouts. they're a lot more versatile than EMG's. they come standard on Schecter Blackjack ATX (not just blackjack). Which I actually love more than hellraisers. i'd recomend it. it's the same price as the hellraiser too. and it comes in 7-strings.

but nothing's going to be more versatile than passives.

Yeah, I like passives too. Is getting the C7 blackjack a better idea than the C7 ATX blackjack?

Thanks for the input XeroDivide and others.
* 7-string
* Set-In 26-1/2" 3-piece mahogany neck with Ultra Access
* Ebony fingerboard with 'Active Bolt' Inlay at 12th
* Arched Mahogany
* 24 jumbo frets
* string-thru body
* Seymour Duncan active Blackouts humbuckers
* TonePros TOM
* Schecter lockiing tuners
* GraphTech Tusq nut
* Aged Multi-ply binding

For about 100 dollars more I think you're getting a better deal with the ATX.

I would say at this point pit the ATX against the Hellraiser and see which one gets you groovin' the best for your tastes. That ebony fingerboard is mighty tempting.
Personally I would choose the Blackjack ATX over the Hellraiser and the Blackjack. I've heard the Blackouts sound more organic and versatile than the EMG's; and you also get an ebony fretboard. Besides, the Aged Black/White finishes are awesome.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay