I'm getting my own laptop and I already have the guitar rig and amplitube software but I need an audio interface. I'm looking at the guitar rig mobile ad behringer guitar link interface. I don't need the software that the behringer product will have but will the guitar rig give me a better tone and lower latency? I don't need them for the software that they come with but if they would have a different tone or latency. I would just be using guitar rig for fun and some recording not for live purposes. I like the behringer one cause its only $40 any opinions.
Id go for the guitar rig one. Dont know the Behringer well but if its like anything else Behringer brings out on budget, it'll do the job but just barely.
Why not get a UX1 or POD?

I used guitar rig and a few others but nothing comes close to pod farm + proper interface hardware imo
you will be dealing with latency regardless, it is a by product of the A/D(analog digital) conversion and processing the signal in the software. some hardware comes with certain software drivers to help optimize this process to achieve less latency. the thing you are usually paying for in these interfaces is actually the better preamps and the better A/D converters. i remember going to one of the forums here and actually getting some great advice from people there, want to say it was "Riffs and Recordings"(not the contest one though). anyway, they told me about presonus and i am very happy with the hardware and definitely notice the difference from my friends lexicon and behringer interfaces.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Deanguitarist39
So different interfaces give you better tone just like amps

kinda, except their goal is to not color your tone. better preamps and components should make the recorder more transparent
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae