can anybody tell me of any alternatives to cloth (like on front of marshall's say) to put on the front of a cab speaker without any loss of sound?
preferably something that doesnt cost much.
Also, i have some metal grills i took off my 2x12's.
anybody think it'd be cool to paint them fluorescent green or orange so they really stand out the black tolex / wood / speakers?
I really like the look of the metal grills on old mesa cabs...could try airbrushing something interesting on them first like a flag
Quote by Orethor
I really like the look of the metal grills on old mesa cabs...could try airbrushing something interesting on them first like a flag

i like the sound of that but if i go spraying an english flag on my cabs i'll no doubt be accused of being racist and all that kinda **** like when we had flags up during the world cup...

EDIT: link me an old Mesa cab to show me what kinda grill you mean? :P
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by Bigsteve92
can anybody tell me of any alternatives to cloth
Pretty much metal grilles and cloth are your choices.
Tbh, grill cloth has some definite advantages.
If someone splashes a drink or smth, grille cloth will prevent it from getting on your cones.

Metal (or plastic) grilles don't work as well for that,
but they still protect your cones from getting poked.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Right, I've started to sand down the grills and I've actually found some bright orange Rustoleum in the garage (full can :P) so i'll be going for it when i can be arsed finishing the sanding. If i don't like it in the end it's cost me nothin
I was going to suggest tinsel like this...

...don't secure it at the bottom, just at the top. Watch it rustle in the soundwaves!

But hey, orange metal would be awesome too. [And probably more protective than tinsel.]
you could have the tinsel stuff on top of a metal grill for the same effect. =)