Is buying an Agile in the UK a waste of money?

I've really been GASing for a 7 String Ghost Pro and a AL3100 in black...but I dunno, could I do better for the price of shipment from the USA?

How would the 3100 compare to an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Prophecy EX?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I have two Agiles (6string Reaper & 7string Interceptor) & plan on getting a third at the end of the year (one of the Neck-thru AL's) & live in the UK!
I wouldn't say they're a waste of money at all, they're great!
The only downfall I'd say is the customs charges really, because besides from that they're amazing for the price
Its still like £340 for a hard case and shipping and a good guitar, I'm amazed at the cheapness.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'd say go for it... Plus then you could join the group I made that's in my sig
Plus it looks quite nice too

EDIT: Also, I assume Agiles aren't very common in the UK, which makes them even cooler here
Last edited by _-Joey-_ at Sep 19, 2009,
Yeah I've seen some Youtube shredder from England with 2 Agiles, so I assume they will arrive and everything.

Cheaper than an Epiphone LP Custom even with all the taxes and shipping etc.

Custom charges have gone up as of three weeks ago, so you're now paying almost a full third extra.

In other words, importing even a basic Agile into the UK now costs more than buying most Epiphones off the shelf at full store price. Quite obviously, you'll be wasting a lot of money.

As far as Agile's sort-after LP and SG copies go, the UK, Europe and Canadian equivilent is Vintage - and actually the Vintage Advance series is arguably much better than any Agile model.
If you're after their more modern-style models, whatever it is you want from Agile, you're guaranteed to be able to get the same thing for less (or at most, the same price but quicker and with less hassle) from another brand that is already available in the UK. Look at Vintage, Tokai, ESP, Dean, Jackson, Ibanez, Epiphone, Indie and Fret King - all solid brands that are easy to get throughout the UK.

Agile really aren't anything special anyway. They're no different to any other copy brand - hell, they're all made in the same few factories - it's just that they're the cheapest option for the US, so more people buy them which is why you hear so much about them on here. They're not actually built noticeably any better than any other brand in the same price range, they just happen to be the one that is most affordable and convenient for the majority of people on here.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Can you give me details on lik all the taxes, or at least a link to the import taxes data sheet or something?

And I cant find a Vintage which looks "right" to me.

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 19, 2009,
Are the other brands on rondomusic as good as the Agile's? Or are they junk? The Douglas guitars look like they have a very cheap finish, but I have never handled one.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
I wouldn't know a site that would list that, I got a guitar shipped in from America myself a week and a half agao and the import duty was much higher than I had paid previously, I mentioned it to one of the guys in the store here and he told me that yeah, they'd recently put the taxes up.

Basically you used to pay 27.5% on VAT, customs handling and import taxes. It went down to 25% for a bit (VAT decrease), but now it's up again; I had to pay 31.5%, which is apparently now the norm, and also there was Parcel Force's own handling fee which was like a tenner to get it cleared (you might not always pay that, it depends what Customs decides to do with it, I don't believe you have any choice in the matter).

So if the guitar, case and the shipping together cost £340, you'll be paying an extra £107.10, so you're looking at about £450 then in total, if not more depending on the exact nature of the shipping and the total weight and size of what you order.
Now, a Vintage Advance AV1 (Les Paul copy, arguably better built than any Epiphone or Agile and certainly has better stock hardware and electronics) costs £260 in most stores. Hell, you can get a used mid-90's Gibson LP Studio for about £500 which is as good as any modern Gibson LP Standard or ESP Standard EC model. Importing any guitar into the UK is really, really pointless.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'm glad we don't have VAT in America. It sounds like APITA to deal with.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
Quote by MrFlibble
I wouldn't know a site that would list that, I got a guitar shipped in from America myself a week and a half agao and the import duty was much higher than I had paid previously, I mentioned it to one of the guys in the store here and he told me that yeah, they'd recently put the taxes up.

Basically you used to pay 27.5% on VAT, customs handling and import taxes. It went down to 25% for a bit (VAT decrease), but now it's up again; I had to pay 31.5%, which is apparently now the norm, and also there was Parcel Force's own handling fee which was like a tenner to get it cleared (you might not always pay that, it depends what Customs decides to do with it, I don't believe you have any choice in the matter).

So if the guitar, case and the shipping together cost £340, you'll be paying an extra £107.10, so you're looking at about £450 then in total, if not more depending on the exact nature of the shipping and the total weight and size of what you order.
Now, a Vintage Advance AV1 (Les Paul copy, arguably better built than any Epiphone or Agile and certainly has better stock hardware and electronics) costs £260 in most stores. Hell, you can get a used mid-90's Gibson LP Studio for about £500 which is as good as any modern Gibson LP Standard or ESP Standard EC model. Importing any guitar into the UK is really, really pointless.

Thanks