Is what I've been told to do for a music assignment. Usually I would just get straight on but this one is really pissing me off. The "stimuli" given is a famous poem called "The Kraken".

Here it is:
Below the thunders of the upper deep,
Far far beneath in the abysmal sea,
His ancient, dreamless, uninvaded sleep
The Kraken sleepeth: faintest sunlights flee
About his shadowy sides: above him swell
Huge sponges of millennial growth and height;
And far away into the sickly light,
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
There hath he lain for ages and will lie
Battering upon huge seaworms in his sleep,
Until the latter fire shall heat the deep;
Then once by men and angels to be seen,
In roaring he shall rise and on the surface die.

Like I said, I would usually get straight on with it, but I don't even know where to start. It'll be minor obviously, but everything I've played sounds ****. Can anyone give me an idea or something cause I am stuck as hell with this.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
Ok use Iron Maiden style harmonies but add chromatic notes to make it dissonant. Also use minor third and minor 7 intervals in there. Make it have some chugging as well, eerie keyboard sounds too just my ideas, hope it helps
I was thinking of putting chromatics in it actually. I thought harmonic minor would be good too but I just can't find a good riff to get me started.
Quote by Brian 1.0
Don't listen to him, he likes rap.

Quote by napalm_monkey
i like to drink washing up liquid, it makes my throat feel fresh and smell like plates.

Quote by thomaserak
kill yourself, that'll show 'em.
Read the rules please. All of them. This forum is only for posting lyrics/poetry that you have written yourself. If you want help of this type go ask in the Techniques sub-forum. Once you've finished writing the song for your project then feel free to post the lyrics here.

Thanks.