Hi there folk's at UG i have been done highschool for a year now and finally decided on what i want to do and that is to be an electrician. I am first trying to see what its like in this field by asking people who are in it what its like what i need to know before i get myself into this trade

so anybody with information or knows anybody please respond to this thread or personal message me on my profile thank you very much
Quote by campbell92
I do hate it though, when I trip and a guy pulls his pants down at the same time and his penis goes inside my mouth.
Good idea.
EDIT: I was first so by the laws of the Pit I am required to say riveting tale, chap.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
i went to a vocational school for electrical so i know a thing or two about it. Its a good trade and for the most part its really clean after college I may become one if I don't like computers or my band doesn't make it (which most likely).
Quote by Thrasher51
Good idea.
EDIT: I was first so by the laws of the Pit I am required to say riveting tale, chap.

That is not neccessary.

On topic, yeah just ask the people who actually have the job, from what I've heard though, its not all that wonderful of a job.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

My brother is one. Just get a union job and you're set. He works quite a bit, but at 30$/hour, he's really bringing in some money. Not to mention if you've got connections, you can get a job right out of highschool through an apprenticeship program. You might find more work coming to the U.S. though.

Edit: I think the only reason he got into a union is because he works for a government agency though. I'm not sure how they work.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Last edited by parigod at Sep 19, 2009,
First off, commercial or residential.

They are to different ballgames.
epic7734
Electricians are awesome. Probably the best trade you can get yourself into.
It'll take about 7 years before anyone considers you truly competent though, but don't worry, it's worth it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My friend is doing that.

I think he's doing well for himself.

I haven't seen much of him since highschool though.
Be a superhero.

But remember to keep your pimp hand strong.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

thanks for those who responded but i want to be an electrician in the residential field
Quote by campbell92
I do hate it though, when I trip and a guy pulls his pants down at the same time and his penis goes inside my mouth.
Major in sociology.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
i want to know like is this a secure field that wont vanish over night and i can jump into it right away learning and earning
Quote by campbell92
Have you thought about maybe looking for an electrical job in the military? If you're not against the idea it might be something to think about. You get good training as well as the perks of military life and then you can apply your electrical knowledge out in the civilian world after you've done your term.

EDIT: ^The military is especially good for what you just described.
Quote by parigod
My brother is one. Just get a union job and you're set. He works quite a bit, but at 30$/hour, he's really bringing in some money. Not to mention if you've got connections, you can get a job right out of highschool through an apprenticeship program. You might find more work coming to the U.S. though.

Edit: I think the only reason he got into a union is because he works for a government agency though. I'm not sure how they work.

that is pretty sweet for your brother actually, I certainly wouldn't turn it down!

and TS, talk to some of your parents friends, there bound to have an electrician friend somewhere; and talk to a careers guy at your school - he'll point you in the right direction.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Jim_Dunlop User
thanks for those who responded but i want to be an electrician in the residential field

Residential:

New Construction electrical is a great job. Doesn't take long to become Knowledgeable and efficient. Pretty basic, unless you are doing high end custom work.

Remodeling can really be frustrating even for a veteran of the trade. Fishing new lines, attics in the summer, crawling through insulation, and trying to figure out "what the fuck was the last guy thinking" are very common, but the pay can be incredible. My company charges 50 to 100 dollars an hour for remodeling services.

It really is one of the best construction field out there.
epic7734
Quote by Just Andrew
Major in sociology.

no, just put on a bologne costume and run up and down town screaming "GIVE ME MONEY! GIVE ME MONEY!"

it's the same thing, and you can start immediately
Quote by Jim_Dunlop User
i want to know like is this a secure field that wont vanish over night and i can jump into it right away learning and earning

Ya its a secure field. It won't go away till we find something other than electricity to power stuff.
Doctors are more likely to disappear than electricians
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington