ok so yesterday i changed strings from 10-45:s to 11-52:s and it sounded great, i went to band practice and there were no problems at all with the guitar.

then today when i played a little i decided to tune up to E from C (i alternate between those two tunings a lot) and eventually i noticed that the 19:th fret of the high e-string doesn't ring out, well it does for about half a second, then it just dies.
i've never had this problem before so i have no idea what it could be.

could anyone help me with this please? its really annoying...
Def the neck relief. Especialy as you have not only gone up a gauge, but you have also tuned up quite a bit.

But the heavier the gauge, usualy the lower the action you can have.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
ok thanks, but what should i go with here? raising or lowering the action?

and neck relief, would that be adjusting the truss rod? i have no idea how to do that...
Leave the action for now. Check to see if the neck is bowed (turn the guitar sideways, and see if the neck is curved). Yes, correcting a bowed neck requires truss rod adjustments
ok i checked, and the neck actually wasnt bowed at all, but i managed to solve my problem by raising the action a bit since i noticed it was way too low... but i appreciate the help, thanks
Quote by spinal_remains
ok i checked, and the neck actually wasnt bowed at all, but i managed to solve my problem by raising the action a bit since i noticed it was way too low... but i appreciate the help, thanks

Fair enough lol