Death is one of my favorites bands, I love all their albums...
I've listened a lot to melodic death metal bands such as in flames, at the gates, dark tranquillity, arch enemy.. and more progressive stuff as opeth...

So do anyone know some death metal bands in the same vein as Death? Something in the style of their albums Human-ITP, pretty technical... although symbolic and SoP are great too.

I checked out a cool band called Atheist which I liked.... And Cynic too..

So any other good ones? Don't want old meat-and-potato death metal u know :P
rec thread friend, or if you're just looking for tech-death discussion im sure there is already a tech-death thread
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Quote by Randaman
One word: Arsis.

True that. Arsis is like SOP-era Death on roids.

A lot of people compare Decrepit Birth to later-day Death, but a lot of those people also think Decrepit Birth sucks (which they do).
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Decrepit Birth: Diminishing Between Worlds (IMO, AotY for 2008)
Deeds of Flesh: Of What's To Come
Obscura: Cosmogenesis

You should enjoy those three albums.

Anything past A Diamond For Disease by Arsis is borderline mediocre at best.
Last edited by Dust_and_Guilt at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by Dust_and_Guilt

Anything past A Diamond For Disease by Arsis is borderline mediocre at best.

Lust Before the Maggots Conquest and We Are the Nightmare (the song) are tasty tracks, but I do agree, A Celebration of Guild and A Diamond for Disease are superior.

Check out Necrophagist, Blotted Science, Decapitated, (Their first album is the most "technical") Origin, Suffocation.
Oh, and check out Control Denied. Chuck's other band, so to say.
Awesome stuff.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
I agree with everything posted so far, but I personally find Obscura to be really over stuffed with meaningless wankery, especially the bass
^thats probably sarcasm^

Quote by kpatterson14206
Death Metal bands are very simple, little to no vocal schemes, just normal, mono-tone, monotonous growling and an assload of breakdowns.
Quote by Killcount
I agree with everything posted so far, but I personally find Obscura to be really over stuffed with meaningless wankery, especially the bass

Says the Origin fan.
Nice
Not to be a dick, but

@ "a band called Atheist"
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat