Alright, as some of you know I'm looking for a guitar, and I've found two I particularly like. However, both of them are unavailable at the GC near me so I can't really try them out...(of course, before I buy i'm going there to test things out, even if I don't buy anything I can get a taste of some brands). My budget is $750.

Anyways, the two guitars I'm debating on are:

PRS SE Paul Allender Model: http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar-514471-i1471967.gc

Schecter C-1 Blackjack: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2009-DIAMOND-SERIES-BLACKJACK-C-1-Black-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2270C288.aspx

I play a variety of genres, but I'm mainly looking for something that can pull of a metalcore type of sound. I love to play in Drop C, but I change tunings a lot.

AND NO!!!! I will not get a new amp! I love my Line 6, no matter how crappy/digital you guys think they are.

Lol, anyways, all help is very appreciated!
I think the Schecter looks nicer, the Allender doesnt have a carved top which is abit pikey at that price. The Allender has a Fender style vibrato, meaning you won have to mess around with springs when you retune, like floyd roses.

And please get a new amp.....
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 19, 2009,
I'd go for the schecter aswell
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
my friend has the allender its not that great.... and seriously get a new amp...atleast a good line 6 like the flextone....
IMO I like the prs. I'm gonna go ply it cuz I've ben lookin into it aswell LOL
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
schecter, those bat inlays in the PRS looks ridicule.
go and try them, you might even like another guitar.
Quote by ABRfan
Alright, as some of you know I'm looking for a guitar, and I've found two I particularly like. However, both of them are unavailable at the GC near me so I can't really try them out...(of course, before I buy i'm going there to test things out, even if I don't buy anything I can get a taste of some brands). My budget is $750.

Anyways, the two guitars I'm debating on are:

PRS SE Paul Allender Model: http://www.guitarcenter.com/PRS-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar-514471-i1471967.gc

Schecter C-1 Blackjack: http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/Schecter-2009-DIAMOND-SERIES-BLACKJACK-C-1-Black-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P2270C288.aspx

I play a variety of genres, but I'm mainly looking for something that can pull of a metalcore type of sound. I love to play in Drop C, but I change tunings a lot.

AND NO!!!! I will not get a new amp! I love my Line 6, no matter how crappy/digital you guys think they are.

Lol, anyways, all help is very appreciated!

For that price, you can get a used Marshall clone from CeriaTone! (God I love recommending these guys, they're really good amps ;])

As for the topic since you're keen on keeping your Line6. My vote goes to the PRS, but not that model. Just get a normal PRS, preferably used, then you can use some of the left over money on a Line6 Pod of some sort.
My friend has the Paul Allender., its great. The neck is awesoely easy to play on
Quote by blackborrego
schecter, those bat inlays in the PRS looks ridicule.

it's a play on PRS infamous bird inlays, and even without that, it's not as cheesy as the cards on the 12th fret on the blackjack
It's all about feel
I've put so much thought into this, might as well include this plan...
what I had thought of doing was selling my current guitar/amp as a combo on craigslist for $350 to up my budget to $1100. With that, I could get the Peavey ValveKing 112 for $456 (including tax) and a $600 guitar (if I save up just a bit more money). I'm only 15 so I can only save up allowances lol. If you want to see my whole story as to how I'm getting the $750, check out my posts, should be there somewhere.

So what do you guys think could fit that $600 slot? Remember, I would like a versatile guitar but more focused on a metalcore type sound.

EDIT: Here's how I'm getting $750 in the first place
My parents are divorced (don't worry, they are still really good friends and everything is friendly) and the 401k money in my dads account is getting split in half, and my mom has decided, since she won't have a lot of money for long, she wants to give my sister and I about $750 as a big birthday/Christmas gift type thing.
Last edited by ABRfan at Sep 19, 2009,
Quote by ABRfan
I've put so much thought into this, might as well include this plan...
what I had thought of doing was selling my current guitar/amp as a combo on craigslist for $350 to up my budget to $1100. With that, I could get the Peavey ValveKing 112 for $456 (including tax) and a $600 guitar (if I save up just a bit more money). I'm only 15 so I can only save up allowances lol. If you want to see my whole story as to how I'm getting the $750, check out my posts, should be there somewhere.

So what do you guys think could fit that $600 slot? Remember, I would like a versatile guitar but more focused on a metalcore type sound.

EDIT: Here's how I'm getting $750 in the first place
My parents are divorced (don't worry, they are still really good friends and everything is friendly) and the 401k money in my dads account is getting split in half, and my mom has decided, since she won't have a lot of money for long, she wants to give my sister and I about $750 as a big birthday/Christmas gift type thing.

I still say PRS. Get something different than the typical Schecter. Though, I don't think the Paul Allender model is all that great (Though I am a big fan of purple). Just get a used (Hopefully find one you can play to make sure it's what you want) and get a pickup change.

Don't get a guitar based around the style you want (Mainly metalcore, but versatile too), get a guitar that feels and plays how you want it too. If you aren't getting the sound you want, that's when you upgrade pickups or your amp (in your case it would most likely be pickups).