Sorry if there's a thread already about these guys, I checked and searched but I just got ever thread that's had the words For, and Today in them, which was a nightmare!

But anyway, I love this band, the lyrics are a bit OVERLY Christian for me, but then they're amazingly written too, so it's not exactly a problem for me.
The crazy thing is, I was introduced to this band simply because the Bass Bombs (Booms, sub drops, whatever) where so ridiculous, which is true, they're like a sonic punch in the face, which is nice!

Anyway, opinions?
http://www.myspace.com/fortoday

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
They're generic but good generic, if you get what I mean. I agree with you about the lyrics and I'm a Christian. It's a shame they don't write about any other topics.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
I like them. I've seen them twice, and they put on a great show if you don't mind a bit of preaching.

I would love them if they weren't so repetitive.

YOU WILL BE JUDGED.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
My favorite band.
Love them live, but sad Mattie couldn't be there because his mother in law was in the hospital.

Great shows, great music, great message.
I like the preaching and the lyrics.
Too preachy, too sterile of a sound, too many breakdowns.
My opinion, anyways.
love is love // return to dust
great band. one of my favorites. i love how they arent ashamed or afraid to share their faith with people at every show. they stand up for their beliefs no matter what and they do it because they love God and they love you. i dont care whether youre a Christian or an atheist, you have to respect that.
Quote by !normajean!
great band. one of my favorites. i love how they arent ashamed or afraid to share their faith with people at every show. they stand up for their beliefs no matter what and they do it because they love God and they love you. i dont care whether youre a Christian or an atheist, you have to respect that.

No, you don't have to respect it- In fact, it's kind of obnoxious, and it reaches a point where it's no longer them standing up for their beliefs and instead imparting them on the audience. Standing up for your beliefs isn't hard to do or anything, and I think it's enough for them to just write the music about them. They don't have to preach for an hour to a crowd that doesn't want to hear it, in most cases.
Quote by MustangMan311
No, you don't have to respect it- In fact, it's kind of obnoxious, and it reaches a point where it's no longer them standing up for their beliefs and instead imparting them on the audience. Standing up for your beliefs isn't hard to do or anything, and I think it's enough for them to just write the music about them. They don't have to preach for an hour to a crowd that doesn't want to hear it, in most cases.

They don't really preach. They do what underoath does and gives the take of knowing some may not share the same beliefs but willing to share how it has affected their lives.
Which can be annoying to people who enjoy their music but have different beliefs than them and would like to just hear them play music.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
They don't really preach. They do what underoath does and gives the take of knowing some may not share the same beliefs but willing to share how it has affected their lives.

Okay. I don't mind something like, "Hey, we play for Jesus Christ. He's our savior, ask us about him if you're interested," or anything, but I thought I had heard that this band would do like, 20 minute mini-sermons on stage. Maybe that was Sleeping Giant? Aren't they basically the same band, anyway? Oh well.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Which can be annoying to people who enjoy their music but have different beliefs than them and would like to just hear them play music.

The three times I've seen them they took maybe a half a song's worth of time out of their setlist for "preaching". It's nothing to flip **** about, they're just saying who they are and what they're about.
Yeah, I've never seen them or anything, I was just throwing that out as a general statement for any band that preaches.

coughimpendingdoomcough
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Yeah, I've never seen them or anything, I was just throwing that out as a general statement for any band that preaches.

coughimpendingdoomcough

Ha, they certainly do

I miss your old avatar
Awww, I'm sorry. Are you aware that it was the Disturbed logo? Had to go sometime.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Awww, I'm sorry. Are you aware that it was the Disturbed logo? Had to go sometime.

Oh.

No, I wasnt aware.
I never liked it anyway.

Edit: just checked out the band, pretty fantastic, I love them.
Last edited by Valderama at Sep 21, 2009,
You've never listened to Disturbed before? What rock have you been living under?
EDIT: Oh. ...You meant For Today, didn't you?
Also:
Quote by Valderama
I miss your old avatar

Quote by Valderama
I never liked it anyway.

My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
You make me have a huge craving for cheesecake. Bad man.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Been listening to them all day haha. I love this band, they have the best breakdowns. I love their vocals as well. Just a perfect -core band.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by dancesisidance
You make me have a huge craving for cheesecake. Bad man.

I don't really see how that can be a bad thing.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I don't really see how that can be a bad thing.

I can, I have no cheesecake, or money for said cake of cheese, it makes me sad

Quote by MightyAl
Quote by GodofCheesecake

coughimpendingdoomcough

Impending Doom is NOTHING compared to Sleeping Giant when it comes to preaching.

Not to say I didn't think they're set was absolutely inspiring, but people who don't have the same belief as them would definitely not enjoy them live at all.
theyre touring with emmure!!!!!111!11! br00talz.

on a serious note, i think this band is pretty cool, not really diggin the vocals though
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Impending Doom is NOTHING compared to Sleeping Giant when it comes to preaching.

Not to say I didn't think they're set was absolutely inspiring, but people who don't have the same belief as them would definitely not enjoy them live at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ESK1rGIuM

this video is amazing. i want to see them live SOOO badly.
Quote by !normajean!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7ESK1rGIuM

this video is amazing. i want to see them live SOOO badly.

I've seen them three times.

The first time was confusing.
The second time was pretty sweet but it was on StP so it was a larger venue.
The third time was in some venue in the middle of nowhere which consisted of a room maybe 50 feet by 40 feet with a stage that was maybe a foot higher than the rest of the ground (it looks like a baby version of most stages in elementary school cafeterias). Needless to say, it was the most amazing thing seeing a room full of people just going crazy in this small ass venue. The best part was that this is on the west coast, so there wasn't exactly a "scene", but just a whole bunch of people there for a good time to listen to some good music. For Today also played on that same tour (Sasquatch). David piggybacked me during SG's set
Last edited by Okeefe Is Legit at Sep 21, 2009,
I've seen them 3 times. They are my favorite -core band for sure! I also saw SG with them on the Messin' With Sasquatch tour. They both play amazing shows. Sleeping Giant's "Oh Praise Him" was the best song I have quite possibly ever seen live though. If you ever get a chance, talk to the members of For Today after their set. They're so willing to talk with you and they're very nice.
Quote by saxaxe

oh my god

Quote by Magero
HAHAHAHAHA

I love these reactions
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I got to be in their music video totally generic. but still talented somehow.
Sleeping with jessica alba isn't breaking edge
GodOfCheesecake:

I decided that I never liked it once I realised it was a disturbed avatar.

I dont like disturbed.
Haha, okay, that's different than "I never liked it anyway" but whatever.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT