Hello there! I've been playing a 42mm nut and 57mm at 12th fret so far.
But now, I'm going to order a custom guitar and i've decided about the neck thickness (19 mm at 1st fret, 21 mm at 12th fret) and the 12th width(58mm). BUT I can't decide about the nut width. I was thinking about 44mm, but I've never seen too many guitars with this nut width. Is it very unusual or bad? I'm 6.3 feet tall btw, so I've got big hands.
best bet is to try some guitars. Most ibanezes (the RGs, anyway) are 43mm, as are most jacksons. a couple of the esp signature models are 45mm (the george lynch sig). it's just a matter of trying as many guitars as you can to see which you prefer. Some people notice the nut width, and some don't. If you're one of the people who does notice, you don't want to be taking the decision lightly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah...I almost made my choice. But now another question comes. Is there brass nut with 44 width? I've only seen 43 and 42
no idea, unfortunately. you're getting into very specific specifications there...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?