I've been looking around for a good distortion pedal, and everyone either loves or hates the BOSS M-2 metalcore. The guys at guitar center say it's awesome, along with the BOSS metal zone. I need a great distortion pedal for $100 or less. Thanks
Quote by stradivari310

But your sig makes me laugh, because you are combining a Dimebucker with an MG half stack. Do you by any chance know a higher than normal amount of deaf people?

Dean Dime Razorback DB w/SD Dimebucker in Bridge pos.
Marshall 100HDFX and AVT 412
Quote by MtlhedGtrGuy
I've been looking around for a good distortion pedal, and everyone either loves or hates the BOSS M-2 metalcore. The guys at guitar center say it's awesome, along with the BOSS metal zone. I need a great distortion pedal for $100 or less. Thanks

90% of answer from GC employees is wrong
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
the Dano CC Metal II is better than Boss' metal pedals, IMO.

but you should REALLY get a better amp instead.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
EHX Metal Muff or Hardwire TL-2
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by stykerwolf
By any chance do you know what a tube is?

Fixed

I had the exact same thought.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Hardwire or Tech21 GT2
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by stykerwolf
Haha, typing in the dark sucks

Anyways, old Silvertone amps are pretty cool, a whole lot better then any MG or Spider (with the exception of Valve one)

damn you,you forgot the vetta
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Better amp > Distortion pedal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if your amp's not giving you the distortion you want, then save up and get a new one, instead of wasting money on crappy distortion pedals
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i'm lookin at the EHX Metal Muff. it has the exact sound i need for what i'm playing. thanks guys
Quote by stradivari310

But your sig makes me laugh, because you are combining a Dimebucker with an MG half stack. Do you by any chance know a higher than normal amount of deaf people?

Last edited by MtlhedGtrGuy at Sep 19, 2009,
maybe pick up an okay sounding distortion pedal for about 30 bucks from danolectro to hold you over till you get a better amp....
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Seriously avoid most things from boss...

Another note, buy an amp with distortion you like.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Barber Dirty Bomb! It doesn't get recommended nearly enough. The Hardwire TL-2 is decent but it's based on the Metal Zone circuit, so tread lightly if you don't like overly harsh gain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I have an older Boss Metal zone from the early 80s. Lets say it does not get the job done just to be nice. It's way over processed, worse than line 6 amps. I use it for indie tone when you turn up the treble a little it gets crunchy. My advice is to go with something simple. Boss distortion mabey the way to go. Plus if your like me and play many styles its pretty versatile with my guitar setup.
Really?
MG and a Spider?????

Buy a new amp, or.......

Digitech Hardwire TL-2

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Turn gain, bass and treble all the way up, set the mids at 0, and then throw a metal zone into the mix and you'll have a crushingly 8r00741 tone.
Quote by Jhachey22

but you should REALLY get a better amp instead.

This.

But if you really want to, check out the Digitech Hardwire TL-2.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
+1 to everyone who said new amp first...
-1 to everyone who didn't say Keeley Twilightzone

...hey, atleast some of you broke even!
Quote by GrisKy
+1 to everyone who said new amp first...
-1 to everyone who didn't say Keeley Twilightzone

...hey, atleast some of you broke even!

The Twilight Zone mod is over his budget. Although it would be a nice pedal.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hmm... true. I read "best distortion pedal for metal" and got excited.

...on a side note, wtf is with us guitarists being so attatched to pedals. i mean, most of them do more harm than good versus alternatives, but we still love 'em. i'm feeling rather philosophical today... look out.
Quote by GrisKy
hmm... true. I read "best distortion pedal for metal" and got excited.

...on a side note, wtf is with us guitarists being so attatched to pedals. i mean, most of them do more harm than good versus alternatives, but we still love 'em. i'm feeling rather philosophical today... look out.

True but it gives us more stuff to GAS for. We can't help ourselves.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by stradivari310

ima sig that lol
Quote by stradivari310

Quote by thrasher.
Turn gain, bass and treble all the way up, set the mids at 0, and then throw a metal zone into the mix and you'll have a crushingly 8r00741 tone.

This is an example of what not to do. I see you like bimebag. If you have the money Bogner amps have some great distortion. Avenged Sevenfold used a Bogner when recording Walk and Im pretty sure that Dime used his Krankenstien.
Quote by Cbulsender
This is an example of what not to do. I see you like bimebag. If you have the money Bogner amps have some great distortion. Avenged Sevenfold used a Bogner when recording Walk and Im pretty sure that Dime used his Krankenstien.

he was being sarcastic dude.
and Dime NEVER Recorded with a Krankenstein.
he used the Krank on his last days on tour
feel free to add me
Its totally a matter of opinion and taste, the only way you can find the 'best' metal pedal is to test a load of them out or listen to clips maybe on youtube or something - for instance a lot of people usually suggest the Metal Muff in these sorts of threads and apparently as you've said you seem to like it, thats good for you, personally i cant stand it and its one of the last pedals id buy for a metal tone however i love the MT-2 Metal Zone when its EQ is used properly but thats just me.
Last edited by Necrotise at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by MetalGuitarest
AMT Electronics "Du Hast" distortion pedal

By any chance is this named after the Rammstein song of the same name? Does it create that tone?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by Cbulsender

I'm gonna have to guess that he was joking.....
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by VanTheKraut
By any chance is this named after the Rammstein song of the same name? Does it create that tone?

it is and it does
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

he was being sarcastic dude.
and Dime NEVER Recorded with a Krankenstein.
he used the Krank on his last days on tour

yeah, but it would still get you the Dime tone. It was built to his specs and he wouldn't start using an amp that sounds nothing like him.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22
yeah, but it would still get you the Dime tone. It was built to his specs. and he wouldn't start using an amp that sounds nothing like him.

well yea.

im just saying he never recorded with the K-stein
feel free to add me
I saw Dime's Krank rig at one of his last shows down in Houston. Anyone who saw Pantera and Damage Plan can tell you than his tones were not the same.

Randall comes nowhere close to Krank's tone. WTF is right though, it was never used in the studio.
If you have the money or you can find a used one I'd suggest the Damage Control Solid Metal pedal.

My buddy had one and he needed to sell some things so I swiped it up from him. It's definitely the best distortion pedal I've ever heard. It gives me a reason to keep my Rocktron amp as a practice amp because now I just run the Damage Control into it and it sounds great.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.