Well I want to try and sort out my guitar so that A) it sounds better & B) it's louder! (of a similar volume to my SG) my SG has a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge.

I want to know if I change my pickups in my Fender jaguar/jazzmaster hybrid copy to like Billy Corgans ones or something, would that change the output volume of the guitar?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Well, you could try either A: Active pickups or B: higher output pickups. I'd go for the high output passives.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
so that would increase the volume of the guitar?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
That along with higher resistance pots (if there's 250k in there right now, go for 500k or 1meg pots)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Try raising your pickups a bit too.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3