So I'm going to jam to a keyboardist's house in a hour. I'm supposed to use his amp with my multi-fx (Boss GT-8. Emulates amps so it sounds good without an amp). I just want to make sure that I won't damage his amp for some bizarre electronic thing that I don't know about.
So... Is it safe?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I do this every day with my Digitech GNX4 into a 180-watt Behringer keyboard amp.

We also use that keyboard amp for our Roland digital drums.

Just make sure that if you have a switch (or button) for amp vs speaker mode you have it in "amp" mode.
Also, turn on your Boss (with the volume all the way down) before you turn on the amp (with the vol down). Then turn up the volume on the Boss & Keyboard, then on the amp.
its possible, but dont be suprised if it ends up sounding like crap.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

a friend of my band uses a big roland keyboard amp, but he also uses a £400 rack modeller and preamp and a POD XT live.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

It's no problem, I've done the same in the past very often. Have the volume on the Boss set low though and see how far you can turn it up, I was able to get a friend's PA and amps to clip when I had my multi's volume all the way up - it doesn't necessarily damage the amp, but at the very least sounds like rubbish.

If it's a good keyboard amp and you take your time to eventually readjust the gain and EQ settings on your Boss, you should get a good sound out of it.