Hi,
I'm really confused in the whole ibanez spectrum.
I would like to buy one for about 700eu (used or new) but they have so much models around that price.
So my question, what pickups should I be looking at? What are the best tremolo bars? What tuners should I look for (those weird turn things on the bridge or are they not so good?). And should I look for a glued on neck?
I now own a tele and a hughes and kettner tube 50 head W/ greenback cab.
I mostly play tool/ISIS/mastodon/baroness/cult of luna sound.
But that's in my band, at home I play a looooooot of shred and solo's and also some classic rock.
So I would be playing in drop C/B or D mostly.

cheers
Hendrik
im not really sure how that currency translates i would guess you're talking about 1000 USD sooo... just check out the prestige series. Every prestige model is excellent in quality. you could probably find a good-near mint ibanez prestige for around 500-700 USD (350-500 eu) and then buy a pair of quality pickups to make it a dream guitar.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by henis
Hi,
I'm really confused in the whole ibanez spectrum.
I would like to buy one for about 700eu (used or new) but they have so much models around that price.
So my question, what pickups should I be looking at? What are the best tremolo bars? What tuners should I look for (those weird turn things on the bridge or are they not so good?). And should I look for a glued on neck?
I now own a tele and a hughes and kettner tube 50 head W/ greenback cab.
I mostly play tool/ISIS/mastodon/baroness/cult of luna sound.
But that's in my band, at home I play a looooooot of shred and solo's and also some classic rock.
So I would be playing in drop C/B or D mostly.

cheers
Hendrik

Yay! A Belgian resident!
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
an "F" at the start of the serial number...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SPBY
im not really sure how that currency translates i would guess you're talking about 1000 USD sooo... just check out the prestige series. Every prestige model is excellent in quality. you could probably find a good-near mint ibanez prestige for around 500-700 USD (350-500 eu) and then buy a pair of quality pickups to make it a dream guitar.

So what pick-up would work good in that guitar?
And are they really hat necessary?
I put a humbucker in my tele and had only a little difference and I thought 100eu was a lot for just a little difference.
start with body style (RG,S,art,sa, etc...)

do you want a double locking trem (edge pro, edge zero, edge 3, etc...)
standard trem or hard tail
i don`t think you`ll get a dimarzio equipped ibby in that price range, you might get the dim/ibz equipped although the v7/v8 equipped ones are fine.

maybe a matt blanchard sig would suit your "musical" style (Ibanez MBM2-BK)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_mbm2_bk.htm
Good tremolos = Edge and ZR. Edge III is not very good, because it's made of a soft metal and wears out quickly.

Ibanez stock pickups, apart from the DiMarzio designed ones, aren't exactly spectacular, but do try them out, see if they're worth changing.

For 700 euroes, pretty much any Ibanez is of good quality.

RG's and S series are the first that come to mind for metal and shred. They have very thin, flat necks and big frets.
Quote by henis
So what pick-up would work good in that guitar?
And are they really hat necessary?
I put a humbucker in my tele and had only a little difference and I thought 100eu was a lot for just a little difference.

yes, there is very little difference unless you pay for custom pickups, but it really isn't necessary. You already have a nice amp and that is where the majority of your tone will come from. I don't know if you are looking into active or passive pickups so i will recommend both:

Passives:

Dimarzio Evo 2 (B)/ PAF Pro (N) - these will sound almost identical to the stock pickups but will keep clarity on the low notes so get these if you like the tone the guitar has stock. they are pretty warm and are good for blues/jazz/rock

Seymour Duncan JB (B)/ '59 (N) - these have a little more punch than the dimarzio's and will sound brighter. I'd say that they are better for rock and metal than the dimarzio's.

Actives:

EMG: 81-X (B)/ 85-X (N) - these are my favorite pickups of all time (but i have only played the mainstream pickup brands). They have great clarity, versatility, cleans, and amazing distortion. IMO the best pickups for metal.

there are other combo's obviously, but these are the ones that i use and prefer

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Look for Prestige on the headstock, it will be better than the rest, but all of the Prestiges are pretty much equal in quality. I think the only ones around that pricerange are the FR1620, RG1550M, and RG1570.
I found a used:
IBANEZ SV5470F-NBL Prestige
looks like a normal trem
And it's prestige.
Quote by henis
I found a used:
IBANEZ SV5470F-NBL Prestige
looks like a normal trem
And it's prestige.

i can't say much for the bridge, but the quality of the guitar would be top notch. I've only played the ZR and Edge trems from ibanez, never one like that sorry i dont have much experience with it.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
So I should look for a prestige, good stock pup's and a tremolo that fits my needs well?
Quote by henis
So I should look for a prestige, good stock pup's and a tremolo that fits my needs well?

Yes
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
Quote by henis

No, just Prestige, type of bridge, and wood. Most won't come with good pickups.
FR - Fixed bridge ash guitars
RGA - Fixed bridge mahogany maple topped guitars
RG - Double locking trem basswood guitars
S - Double locking trem mahogany guitars
SV - Vintage trem mahogany guitars
All are bolt-on

The high-end RG formula changes though.
Prestiges are great, I think you could get a used one for your price range.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by JELIFISH19
All are bolt-on

There are RGT witch are neck-thru too.
Må Den Svarta Älgen Ta Er!
That's under the RG line though, that's y i said the high-end RG formula changes. There's also the mahogany one.
Quote by JELIFISH19
All are bolt-on

They make mahogany, fixed bridge RGs too.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG321MH
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.