usually has no continuous connections
14 6%
is completely random
72 32%
is about purple spunky hippo
44 19%
Voters: 227.
Page 1 of 3
Life has a funny way of playing out. Has anyone ever noticed or experienced that?

For example, I BY CHANCE met my first girlfriend from when we were 14 a while back and BY CHANCE got back together with her, her father is BY CHANCE a kidney doctor and helped diagnose a dangerous kidney disease I BY CHANCE had at that exact time.

I'm not a big supporter of the idea of fate, or of a greater power designing our lives, but sometimes there are just too many "BY CHANCE"'s to seem plausible.

anybody else ever experience some weird coincedences like this that just seem to be too many to count as coincedences?
Nah - I go by maths and probability, I know what you mean but it doesn't scream fate etc to me.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
By chance I was conceived in France, and now By chance I live there, and by chance it's crap.
You could argue I returned home.
Apart from that, not really.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Do you know what they call a quarter-pounder in Europe?

And no, I don't believe in fate.. really it makes no sense, what happens happens.. and if what is meant to be is all planned out, well then, we will never know so who cares?

We can do whatever we want, and sometimes weird stuff happens, but that's just life!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Last edited by floppypick at Sep 19, 2009,
Life is riddled with coincidences, and that's all they are. Coincidences.

stratkat
I by chance stumble upon a 30s edition of a fascist book, because I by chance walked into a run down charity shop, by chance had no money to buy it for the low price it was being sold for (I was planning to sell it), so returned the next day, but entirely by chance, in those 4 hours that the shop was open without me there, someone entirely by chance decided to walk in and buy it.

I BY CHANCE find the number 13 everywhere.

However, I think that after a few coincidences involving this number, I've begun to look out for it, hence noticing it more often than other numbers.
i never had any of these coincidences but also i've never watched for them, i just live life not thinking why or how, you have plenty of time for that when you die
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Life is about purple spunky hippo
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by CoreysMonster
omelette deu fromage?

A Royal with cheese!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
Do you know what they call a quarter-pounder in Europe?

And no, I don't believe in fate.. really it makes no sense, what happens happens.. and if what is meant to be is all planned out, well then, we will never know so who cares?

We can do whatever we want, and sometimes weird stuff happens, but that's just life!

Royal with cheese
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Life has a funny way of playing out. Has anyone ever noticed or experienced that?

For example, I BY CHANCE met my first girlfriend from when we were 14 a while back and BY CHANCE got back together with her, her father is BY CHANCE a kidney doctor and helped diagnose a dangerous kidney disease I BY CHANCE had at that exact time.

I'm not a big supporter of the idea of fate, or of a greater power designing our lives, but sometimes there are just too many "BY CHANCE"'s to seem plausible.

anybody else ever experience some weird coincedences like this that just seem to be too many to count as coincedences?

There would be more people with not many / less happy coincidences.
You think of your experiences and come to this conclusion.
There would be lots of people who look at their own experiences and realize that they have to make their own fate.

Just different ways of looking at things.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Ive found that everything is somehow connected. I dont believe in religion but I think there is something else.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by CoreysMonster
omelette du fromage?

Fixed.

There isn't an equivalent, there is just MacDonalds, where at least in France, it is known as Le Quarter Pounder.

I'm not even joking.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by michal23
You know why that is?

Metric system
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Earth was BY CHANCE put not too far or to close to earth, homosapien became the intelligent creatures to rule earth BY CHANCE... I've got no more..
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Earth was BY CHANCE put not too far or to close to earth, homosapien became the intelligent creatures to rule earth BY CHANCE... I've got no more..

...what?
Quote by GNiCk89
Metric system

Look at the big Brain on GNiCk89! You're a smart motherfucker.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by CoreysMonster
we're one in the river and one again after the fall

Swimming through the void we hear the word...
I don't think that the last three things are really "by chance." You chose to start dating again, and her father chose to be a doctor.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by floppypick
Look at the big Brain on GNiCk89! You're a smart motherfucker.

You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down?
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I don't think that the last three things are really "by chance." You chose to start dating again, and her father chose to be a doctor.

yeah, but I didn't know that.

BY CHANCE the girl I chose to date had a doctor who BY CHANCE helped diagnose a disease I BY CHANCE happened to have at that exact moment.

it's too many coincidences for me, tbh. I don't know what to make of it.
Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah, but I didn't know that.

BY CHANCE the girl I chose to date had a doctor who BY CHANCE helped diagnose a disease I BY CHANCE happened to have at that exact moment.

it's too many coincidences for me, tbh. I don't know what to make of it.

You're a lucky mother****er.
it is riddled with coincidences.

one minute decision can affect your life so massively it's unreal, same for other things that you put loads of work into, yet hardly affect your life at all!

life is weird, and even if it is "fate" we don't know our own fate, so it's all good.

I like the idea of fate tbh, but I also like the idea of no fate, either way we're going to end up in certain ways and hopefully life will be good for us all.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Life is like a box of chocolates, etc etc.

I think Forrest was right when he said that. You don't know what to expect.
For every guy who does go out with a girl who's father can cure his kidney disease, there are a thousand guys who get the disease, go out with a girl who's dad is an accountant and either get cured by regular doctors or die.

Coincidence is just the perspective of the statistical minority.
I don't believe it's coincidence, shit just happens sometimes.

You can't argue against fate, because even if you say, "I take a right on this street instead of a left and miss out on meeting my true love, but I made that decision and I could have take a left if I wanted", no matter what, one could argue that everything was planned out, and that it was destined for you to take that right.

Yeah.

EDIT: Yeah, this thread made me miss out on writing a different (worse) assignment for English, and because of this I lost confidence and failed the class, didn't go to University, and now I'm gonna become homeless in the future, but I'll meet this homeless girl and her father will cure my AIDs that was passed down to me at birth. But maybe I didn't reply to this thread, go to university, and give my girlfriend (who I meet in university) AIDs and then feel like crap and become homeless and die of AIDs, because I never met the homeless girl.

Something like that. I got confused partway through though.
Last edited by Miniskirt at Sep 19, 2009,
Page 1 of 3