http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1013308&songID=8392800 The song is called alone, and I think it's ambient rock. Fell free to download, and C4C, obviously...yea. Enthusiasm.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Last edited by bry0n at Nov 28, 2009,
BRO I LOVE YOUR VOICE! The backround seemed like a constant loop i nthe beginning. Reminds me almost of the who or pink floyd or zep or other 70's rock. I love the intro and how it starts off all slow then it speeds up, singing starts kinda takin off and BOOM. The more i listen its really Led Zeppy i love it! SO soulful, only suggestion maybe boost the vox by a few db's
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

Thanks for the crit.

That was cool. I think it's kinda like Pink Floyd a bit. I loved the mood it created, it's very psychedelic. Great riffs and melodies, and I loved the guitar tone and effects. I thought I noticed a few mistakes on the drums though. Overall cool song bro.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
Thanks for the crit.

That was cool. I think it's kinda like Pink Floyd a bit. I loved the mood it created, it's very psychedelic. Great riffs and melodies, and I loved the guitar tone and effects. I thought I noticed a few mistakes on the drums though. Overall cool song bro.

yea, it was done without a click, and the chorus is in 5/4, which I didn't even realize until I started tracking drums.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
dude good stuff, your voice really kinda reminded me of the guy from pearl jam, i liked it, the guitars were nice and psychedelic, and the drums fit in nicely. towards the end the guitars got a little loud and kinda dounded out alot but its alll good, all in all a pretty good tune man
Quote by 145186
dude good stuff, your voice really kinda reminded me of the guy from pearl jam, i liked it, the guitars were nice and psychedelic, and the drums fit in nicely. towards the end the guitars got a little loud and kinda dounded out alot but its alll good, all in all a pretty good tune man

YES!!! I LOVE eddie vedder's voice, and that was EXACTLY what I going for!!!

And with the guitars, yea I know. Normally during the chorus I pulled 'em back a few dB, but with that last one, I let it full out. Also, there's a distorted 12 string in on both sides that was playing roaring chords instead of the motif, so it definently got a lil' loud.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
To start off, I really don't know why everyone likes Eddie's voice.. it's the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

On track, though.. I am going to be honest and say I didn't like the song. Nothing personal, nothing with it clicked to my liking. I don't like your voice a whole lot.. drums were off in places. I'm not going to say you didn't do a good job.. because recording all of those would be difficult as hell. You did a great job, I just didn't like it.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
I liked the changes in timbre and what not, i love that kind of thing in songs, with the chorus being all powerful and stuff, however i thought that there were quite a few timing issues with the drums? and that put me off a bit, however good job dude!
Hey man thanks for the crit.

I like the delayed clean riffs that open up the song. I'd suggest messing with the very intro because it starts a little slow with the droning note before the riff starts. Overall it's a good song, good job singing too.
It's a good song, but I would re-record it with a click to track the drums first then the rest of the tracks. The drums sound on and slightly off throughout the song but I'm sure it was a technical thing more than a lack of skill. It reminded me of Oasis when the electric guitar came in and the drums built some energy. I like the feel of the song, let me know when you have some more stuff recorded! I'd love to hear it. Thanks for your crit dude.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Beginning is kind of shaky rythmically.
Loved the atmosphere of the song.
Good voice, good composing skills.
Pretty decent guitar playing.
Would have made the song shorter though.

Thx for your crit on my Orange Jam.
Definately need to get a click track, and this could be sweet as. The guitar at the begining is pretty out and drums.

On the plus side, the voice is really great and the tunes a trippy as F"£$!!! Do really love it, your song diamond as well is pretty massive, same thing though need a click track!

Good luck, you've got a lot of potential
Man, this is reaaaaly ****in' groovy, bro! It ALMOST has like a dave mathews feel in parts but then goes in a totally different direction, and your vocal was grand. Great club music, You need to be making money! haha.
Hey, for everyone saying I need a click track, I do normally have a click (such as on Diamond, on which I did have one, that's just my lack of drums skill :P), but this song has the time signature change from 4/4 to 5/4 in the chorus is really hard for me to get to work right. I have to sit there and count out the measures of each part.

And everyone, thanks for your crit, and your welcome for yours.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Its pertty good, very Pearl Jamish. The guitar sounded good, your structure was good, I liked the buildup to the chours. Your durms where off, like the hi hat or cymbol, or whatever you used was off, But other than that it was great.

Thanks for the crit.
-Wow the beginning is so weird, keep it that awesome!
-The singing is nice, just be carefull sometime it seem your closer or more far from your mic.
-I really like the fill you did when the distortion come up.
-Chorus is awesome!
-The drum sound to me a bit out of tempo sometime, is it just me?
-Very nice voice!
-Maybe a solo would be cool, there's some small lead however.
-I like i think the effect of flanger you put at 4:30, (ain't sure it's flanger but sound cool).
-Overall, awesome job, currently listening to more of your stuff, if you want me to crit it PM me

Thanks for the crit!

MDP

Edit: WTF!? Where Do I Go Now? 0 Plays, sound awesome dude! I really enjoy it! Awesome tone and dist, wow... Keep it up!
Last edited by MangeuDePoutine at Sep 25, 2009,
Quote by MangeuDePoutine
-Wow the beginning is so weird, keep it that awesome!
-The singing is nice, just be carefull sometime it seem your closer or more far from your mic.
-I really like the fill you did when the distortion come up.
-Chorus is awesome!
-The drum sound to me a bit out of tempo sometime, is it just me?
-Very nice voice!
-Maybe a solo would be cool, there's some small lead however.
-I like i think the effect of flanger you put at 4:30, (ain't sure it's flanger but sound cool).
-Overall, awesome job, currently listening to more of your stuff, if you want me to crit it PM me

Thanks for the crit!

MDP

Edit: WTF!? Where Do I Go Now? 0 Plays, sound awesome dude! I really enjoy it! Awesome tone and dist, wow... Keep it up!

Once again, for the drums, there was no click, so it was out of time. The solo, I tried to figure out one (and I do have one written if I want to record it), but to me the tune just didn't feel like it needed. The flanger was actually on all of the distorted parts. When I did the final ending two chords and the big finish, I screwed up on the initial recording, so I went back and redid the guitars for just that part, and for some reason the flanger seemed louder then. thanks for the kind words on alone and wdign, I was thinking about posting it here, so thanks so much, man.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman