About a year ago I purchased a Line 6 SpiderIII, desperate for something a little better than a crappy practice amp. I have a Marshall MG100HDFX head, which i (belive it or not) run through my Line 6 combo. Impossible, you say? I don't think so.

The little box on the side is from the speaker in the Line 6. I can put a cable in there and get sound. It don't sound bad, so do you think I can safely turn up the volume, even with 1 12-inch speaker? . btw, the Line6 runs at 8ohms and the Marshall head at MINIMUM 4ohms.

I have a Marshall ATV412 that I bought for only $200 ( yeaaahhh!!!) but i can't use it untill my b-day on Oct. 20
Quote by stradivari310

But your sig makes me laugh, because you are combining a Dimebucker with an MG half stack. Do you by any chance know a higher than normal amount of deaf people?

Dean Dime Razorback DB w/SD Dimebucker in Bridge pos.
Marshall 100HDFX and AVT 412
your not the first person to do this you know, its fairly common to use a combos speakers with a different amplifyer
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
Can I have your 'crappy Silvertone amp'?

I've seen this done before too. You shouldn't need it after next month though, right?
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Sep 19, 2009,
I have a Marshall MG100HDFX head, which i (belive it or not) run through my Line 6 combo.
Quote by MtlhedGtrGuy
It don't sound bad, so do you think I can safely turn up the volume, even with 1 12-inch speaker? . btw, the Line6 runs at 8ohms and the Marshall head at MINIMUM 4ohms.
The Marshall head will be happy. The Line6 speaker might like it so much.

You should be able to get plenty loud, but there's no guarantee you won't cook that speaker if you dime your amp.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by eyebanez333
Can I have your 'crappy Silvertone amp'?

I've seen this done before too. You shouldn't need it after next month though, right?

why would you even want my crappy silvertone amp lol. yeah after nex month i can use my super awesome AVT412.
Quote by stradivari310

But your sig makes me laugh, because you are combining a Dimebucker with an MG half stack. Do you by any chance know a higher than normal amount of deaf people?

thanks guys for the posts. just wanted to make sure everything was ok as long as the impedences were fine
Quote by stradivari310

you're not running it "thru" the line6... yr running it direct to the line6 speaker. there is a difference.
Must have the worst tone ever
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
what did an MG head cost you?
I'd put money on it being close enough to what a second hand AVT head would cost (i know AVT heads aren't epic or anything but they're so much better than the MG)
AVT suck balls just as much as the MG for their reliablity issues

I wouldnt recommend them to anyone, and yes I've owned one!
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer