I'm looking for a new tube amp and I played a Vox AC15 CC the other day and liked it a lot. I can get one new for around $450, but I can get a discount on most amps. I play classic rock mostly - the Beatles (which is what drew me to the Vox), Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, blues stuff like SRV, fuzzy distortion like Hendrix... I also want an amp that takes pedals well. My question is, with a budget of around $600 sticker price, is there a better value amp for what I'm looking for?
well half the artists you mentioned use marshalls (plexis actually) and SRV used fenders.

Vox are good for old skool british pop/rock like cream, beatles etc, but there usability sort of stops at classic rock. not enough distortion for much else. im not sure about reliability as theyre newly released, but the Bugera V22/V55/V55HD are supposed to have good versatile tone.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Jak Archer
Ceriatone amps, Cheap and apparently good marshall clones. The AC15, newer models, IMO are cheap chinese manufactured pieces of crap. When you start turning the master volume up tonnes of treble rapes my tone. But that's my opinion

Not what you said: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/vox/ac15cc1/index.html

There's a lesson to be learnt.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
check craiglist

some time crazy people need money and you never know what gonna happen
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Jak Archer
The AC15, newer models, IMO are cheap chinese manufactured pieces of crap.

Just, no.

Quote by Jak Archer
When you start turning the master volume up tonnes of treble rapes my tone. But that's my opinion

My AC15's tone only get's fatter when I turn up the master volume. It does have new tubes though.
Quote by Jak Archer
^Yh, that was like a week after I got, What a mistake i made.

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO