ok so here's the thing..i bought an active humbucker blackouts bridge pickup for my ibanez xiphos..i dont know which pickup would be the best for me in the neck position...i dont want the blackouts neck pickup...looking for an emg which would be the best for the neck...oh and what other active pickups are there on the market other than blackouts, dave mustaine live wire, and emg?? is there any other?

..i play death, thrash, metalcore, progressive mostly..black and doom metal too...

active neck pickup!!?..don't want any passive..pls recommend me some..and which would be the best in ur opinion.

thanx in advance!
Why don't you want the neck Blackout?

It's IMO better than the EMGs in the neck.
ಠ_ಠ
probaly put it in the middle do you play a lot of shreding or more struming
i like the emg60 for the neck and you should also check out that new X series emg has out. i havent heard or tried em yet but i hear theyre supposed to give you a lot of the attack and focus of the 81/85/60 emgs but not sound as "sterile" as actives usually are criticized for being by people that dont like em.
What amp are you using?
What's wrong with your tone?
How do you want it to be different?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by DespisedIcon
Why don't you want the neck Blackout?

It's IMO better than the EMGs in the neck.

just feel like trying something out of the box..emg and blackout in the same guitar..i might do the 18V mod too..well wat do u think should i do the mod?
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
i like the emg60 for the neck and you should also check out that new X series emg has out. i havent heard or tried em yet but i hear theyre supposed to give you a lot of the attack and focus of the 81/85/60 emgs but not sound as "sterile" as actives usually are criticized for being by people that dont like em.

yeah i was considering emg 60 for neck too..hmm X series..a new preamp i hear..are there any sound clips available for the emg X series ?
Quote by steven seagull
What amp are you using?
What's wrong with your tone?
How do you want it to be different?

i had dimarzio DActivators as stock pups in my guitar...pretty good tone but not enough meat..replacing those with active pups..so far im overly satisfied with the blackout bridge..was considering putting an emg in the neck position...and i use a marshall 10W amp...need to replace that too...and oh yah i shred mostly no strumming...emg 60-X..is it good? need something for leads..blackout got the rif***e covered in the bridge..any more recommendations guyz??
Quote by shredder408
the EMG 85 is good, its my favourite neck pickup

thanx..any idea about the emg X series ?
Quote by krunchychicken
i had dimarzio DActivators as stock pups in my guitar...pretty good tone but not enough meat..replacing those with active pups..so far im overly satisfied with the blackout bridge..was considering putting an emg in the neck position...and i use a marshall 10W amp...need to replace that too...and oh yah i shred mostly no strumming...emg 60-X..is it good? need something for leads..blackout got the rif***e covered in the bridge..any more recommendations guyz??

Marshall MG? If so seriously don't bother with 'nother pickup swap and just spend all your money to a new amp. You'll get more tone changes from that then with a pickup swap.
a 10 watt solid state amp

You're just wasting your money with pickups, they're not the cause of your problem and they're not going to improve matters at all. Also actives are a waste of time in your situation and will likely make things worse as they'll cause that cruddy little amp to clip.

That's like changing the tyres on your car in the hope it'll improve performance after the engine fell out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Sep 20, 2009,
lol yah..i know what u mean...well most of the times i just plug my guitar to the speakers i use for pc..altec lansing speakers...and yea i'll be getting an amp too...vox or peavey 50W probably..anyways thanx guyz for the suggestions! cheers!