I've got a Mexi Strat with .10s on, and I just can't seem to get the bends up at the right pitch easily. It's set up quite well, and I can get the strings to go a whole step up if I try, but the strings are sort of tight, so if I bend up a whole step, I have to go half way up the fingerboard (vertically) and the string goes out of tune.

Any suggestions?
Quote by DownInAHole.
I stuck my dick in a cactus. True story.

Well try another set of strings or just play them more often so they wont be so tight :P
idk, i have .012's on my strat and i can do bends just fine
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Stretch the strings before you use them. I used to have the same problem
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by Whatsupdoc
I've got a Mexi Strat with .10s on, and I just can't seem to get the bends up at the right pitch easily. It's set up quite well, and I can get the strings to go a whole step up if I try, but the strings are sort of tight, so if I bend up a whole step, I have to go half way up the fingerboard (vertically) and the string goes out of tune.

Any suggestions?

First is to practice bending, make sure the motion comes from your wrist. I use .010-.056 string gauge and have no problem with bends.

Next thing is to set up your guitar properly, the string shouldn't be going out of tune after a bend like that. I frequently bend my strings the equivalent of half my fretboard (vertically) and have no tuning problems at all.