so I just got back from a journey to Guitar Center, and I was trying to try out some tube amps. (a Triple Rec and a Bugera 6262, specifically)
and for the love of all that is holy, i could NOT get a sound out of either. The amp was on, the tubes were lit, and the Mesa head was plugged into a cab. (the 6262 was a combo)
so, i'm wondering if there's a special way to turn on tube amps?
maybe the floor model was messed up or maybe I had to do something with the standby switch? or am I just dumb?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
switch the power on, wait about a minute...flick the standby switch from standby to 'play' or 'on'.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

so its:

standby switch on
power on
wait
standby switch off?
Quote by jdmurrayz
Power on then standby to on, although sometimes a Mesa amp will be messed up in GC. I plugged into a single rec head and had something blow right when I turned the power on. I was ticked cuz I wanted to compare a stiletto and rec side by side...but only got the stiletto side of things...not that this has anything to do with your question.

Crap. You beat me to it.
Last edited by sg4ever at Sep 19, 2009,
oh,i see. now i feel dumb haha. thanks though (:
Quote by jdmurrayz
if you're still not sure, just cut the volume from your guitar, flip the switches to whatever you think is right, wait 30 seconds, roll your volume knob back up and see if you get a sound. if at first you don't, flip the standby switch.

if neither works, then there's something wrong.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
oh,i see. now i feel dumb haha. thanks though (:

Don't feel bad, after owning my amp for a few months I sometimes still forget which way is standby on
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey