I heard its the same as a OFR but made with cheaper materials.

Is it any good???
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Soon to have an Ibanez RG1550M, 350M, and RG2610!!
as far as i know its exactly the same except one of the parts is nickel instead of something... or something... ill see if i can find the post for u

EDIT

The Floyd Special has all the construction and features of an OFR, but with Zinc saddles and sustain block.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186911

EDIT

Yeah to answer your other question, it is a very good FR, I have one on my LTD and I havent had any problems with tuning or reliability or anything
Last edited by subzero364 at Sep 19, 2009,
For the price, I would go with the original floyd. It's not that much more and is made of solid steel, not zinc alloy. It will last longer too.

I got an original Schaller FR from Warmoth a while ago. Its awesome.

If you are looking for parts, go to Warmoth.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
You can replace the zinc parts onf the FR special later if you want. I dont know whether youre looking at guitars or just parts, but if you really like a guitar with a FR special just know that u can upgrade later
Quote by subzero364
You can replace the zinc parts onf the FR special later if you want. I dont know whether youre looking at guitars or just parts, but if you really like a guitar with a FR special just know that u can upgrade later

Yeah, I am looking at some esp's and figured "its cheap, if it breaks, I'll just replace it with a OFR later down the line"

Esp's with OFRs are expensive, and these are perfect with name brand pups and such.

I am tired of stop bar bridges lol.

But yeah, it doesn't seem like a big deal, replacing it shouldn't be hard since its basicly the same thing.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Yeah replacing the entire bridge is easy, but then so is replacing the saddles and block.

either way with the FR special you shouldnt have to replace anything for a while
Quote by subzero364
Yeah replacing the entire bridge is easy, but then so is replacing the saddles and block.

either way with the FR special you shouldnt have to replace anything for a while

Thanks for the replies!
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

Quote by Ghold125
It's only an OFR if it say's "Original Floyd Rose".

Basicly the same brah.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG350EX
ESP/LTD EC400AT

OFR: all-steel, made in Germany
FR-1000: all-steel, made in Korea
FR Special: thinner zinc sustain block, otherwise all-steel and made in Korea

Considering these aren't exactly handmade items anyway - they're all cast using the same machines - there's no real reason to believe one is any better than the other. Guitars that feature OFRs will usually go through better QC in general of course, but the bridges themselves are all the same bar the zinc block on the Special, which is the easiest part of the bridge to upgrade anyway. So don't worry about it. You've got to be pretty racist to think that because the FR-1000/Special is made in a machine operated by a Korean it must somehow be any worse than the same thing made in the same machine operated by a German.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
OFR: all-steel, made in Germany
FR-1000: all-steel, made in Korea
FR Special: thinner zinc sustain block, otherwise all-steel and made in Korea

Considering these aren't exactly handmade items anyway - they're all cast using the same machines - there's no real reason to believe one is any better than the other. Guitars that feature OFRs will usually go through better QC in general of course, but the bridges themselves are all the same bar the zinc block on the Special, which is the easiest part of the bridge to upgrade anyway. So don't worry about it. You've got to be pretty racist to think that because the FR-1000/Special is made in a machine operated by a Korean it must somehow be any worse than the same thing made in the same machine operated by a German.

Not trying to start a flame war, but why would they be racist if they thought this?