hi im going buying a wah pedal and i really want to get the same kind of sound from the intro of voodoo child.Can anyone recomend a pedal that would do that
The Hendrix Signature model is probably what you want.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by Guitar2theface
The Hendrix Signature model is probably what you want.

Jimi never even used Dunlop, so I don't see why you'd recommend it.

TS, just get a normal Vox. They were used in the 60s and it's the actual wah Hendrix used. Not to mention a number of other famous musicians used Vox's (Clapton comes to mind)
i use my crybaby and does it really great.
mind i play more the zakk wylde and slash style voodoo child, so dont really know if its good for the original
Quote by britishsligean
http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/202/38/ according to this a cry baby or the vox wah pedal is what you are after

The Vox wah is the original Crybaby. Dunlop didn't make Wah pedals around the time of Hendrix or Clapton or any of them. Even if they did, Hendrix and Clapton stuck to Vox's. Even I have found Vox's to sound clearer and smoother than a Dunlop.

Does anyone know how much the signature Hendrix is

Around $120~$140.

Or you can just buy a standard Vox and have the exact wah pedal Hendrix infact used.
I would recommend Digitech's Jimi Hendrix Experience Signature Pedal.

If you want to replicate his tone for that, that's probably the best you're getting.

Not only is it useful for getting his signature tone, but you can also dial in your own specific tone you're looking for. Great piece of equipment!

The songs they took the preset tones from are: Purple Haze, Wind Cries Mary, Foxey Lady, Little Wing, All Along the Watchtower, Voodoo Child, and Star Spangled Banner/Machine Gun.

I give this pedal 10/10. That's just my opinion tho!
Quote by Deether
I would recommend Digitech's Jimi Hendrix Experience Signature Pedal.

If you want to replicate his tone for that, that's probably the best you're getting.

Not only is it useful for getting his signature tone, but you can also dial in your own specific tone you're looking for. Great piece of equipment!

The songs they took the preset tones from are: Purple Haze, Wind Cries Mary, Foxey Lady, Little Wing, All Along the Watchtower, Voodoo Child, and Star Spangled Banner/Machine Gun.

I give this pedal 10/10. That's just my opinion tho!

All of those sounds the pedal replicate doesn't ask for much. For instance, Wind Cries Mary and Little Wing is just a clean tone. Purple Haze Foxey Lady, Voodoo Child and possibly All Along The Watchtower just use a fuzz. Voodoo Child uses a wah with the fuzz and All Along the Watchtower occasionally a wah.

So basically, you're recommending a $200 piece of equipment, when you can get his tones with a standard Dallas Arbiter Fuzz ($65) and a vox wah pedal ($70)
ok it turns out my brother who used to play guitar had a vox 847 under his bed.Would that be able to do what im asking and some slash wah riffs like sweet child of mine solo
Quote by pmk1995
ok it turns out my brother who used to play guitar had a vox 847 under his bed.Would that be able to do what im asking and some slash wah riffs like sweet child of mine solo

As far as I know, Slash also used Vox. Correct me if I'm wrong. Though, I'm sure the Vox can handle Slash just as well as it can handle Hendrix.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
All of those sounds the pedal replicate doesn't ask for much. For instance, Wind Cries Mary and Little Wing is just a clean tone. Purple Haze Foxey Lady, Voodoo Child and possibly All Along The Watchtower just use a fuzz. Voodoo Child uses a wah with the fuzz and All Along the Watchtower occasionally a wah.

So basically, you're recommending a $200 piece of equipment, when you can get his tones with a standard Dallas Arbiter Fuzz ($65) and a vox wah pedal ($70)

+1

Kinda silly when you think about it isn't? Part of the reason I've never been fond of signature pedals.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
on my profile i have an audio of me playing the first couple minute or so of voodoo chile, and i used the vox v847a which is just the standard wah, and a big muff pi for the intro, and i think my ds-1 for the main melody

check it out if you want to hear how it sounds
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!