Hello UG,
I started teaching guitar a few months ago, and a few weeks ago I got a new student who is a highly structured person. He asked me if I could give him some sort of practice schedule that he could follow to improve his playing and I wasn't able to give him an answer right when he asked me, mainly because I've never followed a set schedule, I usually just practice what I feel needs work but he wanted a set schedule that he could follow week after week. What I told him to do was divide his practice sessions start with basic warmup and stretching exercises, then pick a scale pattern and practice it as different arpeggios using alternate picking and then with sweep picking and I told him to pick a different scaale pattern each day and use the same scale (major, minor, etc) for at least a week, all over the fretboard, before moving onto a different scale.
While he appreciated the routine I gave him, he didn't seemed convinced by it so I was wondering if anyone has used any practice schedules they would be willing to share so I can pass it along?
tell your student that there's no way to measure how much practice a certain skill needs, so devoting a set amount of time, generally, doesn't make sense
The schedule should balance between between theory, technique, and learning new songs in my opinion. It all depends on the student's aim.
Scale pattern

That word says all. It's bull****
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.