Alright, I properly strung my strat and made sure all the contact points are well lubricated and stretched the strings. It stays in tune very well, but after using the whammy, all the strings go slightly sharp or flat by the same amount (by 3 cents). So I think the spring tension needs to be adjusted, but I don't know if it needs to be tightened or loosened. The bridge is floating a little.
Last edited by BrickIsRed at Sep 19, 2009,
Just a little float to the bridge is a good thing, in my humble opinion. Maybe tighten it just a little bit.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
tighten just a bit, strats trems tend to go out of tune a bit when you use them
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Oh, and if it goes flat, just tug up on the bar a bit, and if it goes sharp push down a bit. It works.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by BrickIsRed
Alright, I properly strung my strat and made sure all the contact points are well lubricated and stretched the strings. It stays in tune very well, but after using the whammy, all the strings go slightly sharp or flat by the same amount (by 3 cents). So I think the spring tension needs to be adjusted, but I don't know if it needs to be tightened or loosened. The bridge is floating a little.

its probably coming out of tune because youre pushing the whammy to hard
strech your strings
i dunno if it works the same for the strat trem but for the floating trem it helps it keep in tune
Make sure the strings are not binding in the nut. If they are you can lube the nut or you have to widen the string slots to prevent this.
Try only using the two outer screws as pivot points.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.