So im buying a tele building kit from Guitar Fetish within the week and i wanted to put i humbucker in the bridge position. Now i work at Chandler Guitars, so my boss, Paul Chandler, is pretty adept at this stuff. But i he is out of town for the next week or so. So i come here to ask, is it possible to open the pickup cavity of a Telecaster to humbucker size? I am also doing this because i want to put a tune-o-matic style bridge on the guitar instead of the stock one.

TL;DR: can i open a teles bridge pup cavity to humbucker size?
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
yeah, with a router
if you don't want to do any wood working then you can buy a single sized humbucker which is what i did with my strat
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
You may want to think about it before you do. Cutting into a guitar can change it's tone in a big way. Once you cut it takes a lot to repair it and may never sound the same. EVH learned this lesson doing his experiments (I can remember reading something about it last year).

I suggest you check out a Stacked Humbucker. Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio both make several types of single coil sized humbuckers that may give you everything you want in tone without any of the risk. Just my 2 cents man. Good Luck!
Quote by HiicpRN
You may want to think about it before you do. Cutting into a guitar can change it's tone in a big way. Once you cut it takes a lot to repair it and may never sound the same. EVH learned this lesson doing his experiments (I can remember reading something about it last year).

I suggest you check out a Stacked Humbucker. Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio both make several types of single coil sized humbuckers that may give you everything you want in tone without any of the risk. Just my 2 cents man. Good Luck!

Yea, he took a chunk out of this Ibanez Destroyer and it was never the same after.

Also, if you work at a guitar shop shouldn't you know quite a bit already?
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
no..... He hasnt taught me any actual building. I build pickguards.....
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?