Hi guys.

I've previously been using a Boss Micro BR, but it doesn't work here in Canada due to the voltage difference. So rather than take the logical approach and get a voltage converter, I've decided to eat salads for the rest of my life here and spend the saved money on a new recorder.

I'll be using the recorder to, uh, record guitar tracks as well as some vocal tracks. I have a Shure SM57 mic.

Thing is, I'm having trouble choosing, so any help will be greatly appreciated, of course.

Roland BR 600
Digitech GNX4 Guitar Multi-effects pedal + recorder
RP500 Guitar Multi-effects pedal

If possible, please consider the following factors:

• Quality of effects
  • Recording quality
  • Price

Oh, also, I live in Edmonton, Alberta.

Thanks.
do you like your computer?

sometimes the easiest and cheapest way to record is to record thru your computer.

just saying.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
do you like your computer?

sometimes the easiest and cheapest way to record is to record thru your computer.

just saying.

Right now, my laptop is really laggy. So that's not really an option. Thanks though.
well i have a Boss 452, or some number.

as you can tell from the model number it's old.

i got it like 6-7 yrs ago maybe?

i used it again yesterday. HAHA i use it all the time.

one of the output jack is a little loose, so i use the headphone as a line out instead.

other than that, it's faithfully recorded everything i've ever wanted for years.

you can line into it from tv shows or mp3 players.
transfer songs onto it to play along to.
you can add drums, line out to an amp.
you can tune up, line it from multiple sources.
use the effects. and in the new models i think you can even burn the cd-r all in one step.

anyway, if you want to go for a recorder, id check used for any deals.
if i knew i was getting something new, id go for a boss.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Sep 19, 2009,
i highly recommend the zoom H4n though it is a little pricey but i LOVE MINE and i think its worth every penny!
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White) (retired)
Gibson Les Paul Swamp Ash studio
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Tobacco Burst)

Bass
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz
Yeah? Sounds good. I used the Boss Micro BR before this. Was pretty fun to use. Since it's under Roland, I think upgrading to a BR600 would be the best choice, transition-wise. I'm just not sure if it's the best model I can get for the money.

Thanks for your input, though. Appreciate it. Boss recorders do grow on you, lol.