hey guys so my beloved Bose Earbuds died(again) and i have no intention of getting a new pair of them

could you guys recommend me some good headphones? max amount i want to dish out is 100

i listen to all sorts of music but i do like having a decent amount of bass

in ear phones are preferred cause its for use at school, possibly during classes lol

anyways thanks for any help
skull candy
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
Last edited by seaweed2626 at Sep 19, 2009,
alright i guess i'll be more clear itd be nice if you could name me certain makes and models not just a brand...seeing as there are quite a few skull candy headphones out there
Skullcandy sucks. Get some sennheiser over ear ones
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I don't see the hype on skull candy..
I dislike them.
I've seen a few people that have canalphones (in-ear) of them and they never stay in my ears just right.. but then some random brand.. I forget what it was.. had some that I had and those were amazing. By far the best ones I had ever used.. and then my dog ate them up.
Quote by TechnicolorType
I don't see the hype on skull candy..
I dislike them.
I've seen a few people that have canalphones (in-ear) of them and they never stay in my ears just right.. but then some random brand.. I forget what it was.. had some that I had and those were amazing. By far the best ones I had ever used.. and then my dog ate them up.

i agree tried skull candys and they werent all that great and curse your dog for eating your headphones!! lol
Are you going to be using them just for listening to music?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Are you going to be using them just for listening to music?

yeah this is basically for casual music listening u know during car rides, before school etc etc
Quote by TisPyon
yeah this is basically for casual music listening u know during car rides, before school etc etc

I always have to check when someone asks You don't want to be mixing with headphones with boosted bass and then wondering why your songs sound like crap.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
i also need earphones/

my apple earphones wont fit in my ears so im looking at in ear earphones.
are Skullcandy Smokin buds good?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by captaincrunk
SkullCandy is just for looks.

so what do you recommend?
and i want to stay in the 15-25 USD range
feel free to add me
Altec.

Bought a pair four months ago for $30, still work, sound quality is fantastic, and the cable is absolutely bombproof.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Splurge and get these.

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/ATHANC7?meta=FRG

they are just as good as the bose headphones for 1/3 the price
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Quote by captaincrunk
for 15 dollars it doesn't matter what you get, honestly. Just make sure its a well known brand, and not Shiatshnufittaneno (made up brand).

hm ok

what about for 30?
feel free to add me
Quote by seaweed2626
skull candy

He asked for good headphones, skullcandy headphones are for those who don't want to spend any money on their audio quality.
Quote by chrisg7
Splurge and get these.

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/ATHANC7?meta=FRG

they are just as good as the bose headphones for 1/3 the price

This is true. Actually they're much better (Sony makes a $50 pair that is actually a direct copy of the Bose sound signature and "sound quality" in a redesigned package), but anyway...

Jays S-Jays. I own them. They're quite good, but do require about 100 hours of burn-in to sound their best (then again, when they're new they sound quite bassy, and since you love Bose you'd probably like that). After burn-in, they sound quite balanced. I've mixed with them just for the hell of it and even though better balanced, more detailed IEMs (ie Phonak Audeo PFE, my beloved low-end gems, with the black filters installed. even though I use the gray filters for listening because I like bright-sounding earphones) produce a better result it wasn't all that bad.

Description of S-Jays after burn-in:
-not NEARLY as bassy as Bose (which is a good thing, since Bose is just artificially boosted, flabby bass)
-relaxed high end (it will hit the frequencies you throw at it, it just won't have that high-end "sparkle". then again, neither does Bose.)
-capable of really pumping out the bass when you need them to. just because they sound balanced doesn't mean bassy tracks will sound lifeless.
-clean midrange. the strong point of these IEMs.
-decent soundstage for an IEM.
-GREAT noise isolatioin
-easy to drive without a portable amp
grado sr80i
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
grado sr80i

SUPER AMAZING. I LOVE GRADOS.

But for some reason I doubt TS would want to be seen with them. I mean, he bought Bose, for God's sake.
lenntek sonix
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by i_don't_know
Not bad for the price. Get them if you want them. Just keep in mind you're shopping in the super-budget range, so don't expect to be blown away.

i know, i just want something durable
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Ha, good luck. It's all going to be made of cheap plastic at that price.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

Well for durability, i would go for sony, i picked up a pair of in ear headphones for 20$, and they lasted longer than any other pair i've ever bought. Same with some of their other products. And they are also very good quality wise.
Quote by MuffinBrain

OH GOD!!!

I definitely didn't see that one coming.
My first lol stack

SIGNATURE

tacos are an excellent source of everything thats in tacos
KOSS
skull candy's aren't that great but if you remove the part that covers the inside of the headphone they aren't that bad either and they can last awhile if you're careful with them.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

did you pay any attention to my suggestion?
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
Sennheiser PX100s. Duh.
Gear:

St. Blues Bluesmaster IV
Vox AC4- ah-mazing lil amp
Roland Micro Cube- 1st amp... pretty crappy
a whole lotta picks

Am I the only one who has WON
THE GAME?

Quote by seaweed2626
skull candy

Having had 3 pairs of skull candys varying in price range I'd say you're either a fool, making a joke or have never actually used them.
Horrible sound on them, not well built at all, pretty uncomfy, they look pretty kickass, thats about it.
My new Sennhesiers on the other hand are total opposites, comfy as hell, amazing sound quality, very well built but ugly as can be, I got the HD215 but I've read good reviews about everything in the sennheiser range.
Quote by i_don't_know
This is true. Actually they're much better (Sony makes a $50 pair that is actually a direct copy of the Bose sound signature and "sound quality" in a redesigned package), but anyway...

Jays S-Jays. I own them. They're quite good, but do require about 100 hours of burn-in to sound their best (then again, when they're new they sound quite bassy, and since you love Bose you'd probably like that). After burn-in, they sound quite balanced. I've mixed with them just for the hell of it and even though better balanced, more detailed IEMs (ie Phonak Audeo PFE, my beloved low-end gems, with the black filters installed. even though I use the gray filters for listening because I like bright-sounding earphones) produce a better result it wasn't all that bad.

Description of S-Jays after burn-in:
-not NEARLY as bassy as Bose (which is a good thing, since Bose is just artificially boosted, flabby bass)
-relaxed high end (it will hit the frequencies you throw at it, it just won't have that high-end "sparkle". then again, neither does Bose.)
-capable of really pumping out the bass when you need them to. just because they sound balanced doesn't mean bassy tracks will sound lifeless.
-clean midrange. the strong point of these IEMs.
-decent soundstage for an IEM.
-GREAT noise isolatioin
-easy to drive without a portable amp

dude i looked these up and they seem pretty legit thanks for the recommendation
i got skullcandy hesh and they're really good.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
Quote by chrisg7
did you pay any attention to my suggestion?

yea but the nearest electronics store (radio shack is just 4 houses away from me) doesnt have them.

best buy is about a 20m drive from where i live
feel free to add me
Quote by lanzaa
grado sr80i

Quote by happa95
Sennheiser PX100s. Duh.

Those two. Bose and Skull Candy are beyond shit

Here's something to go on
http://store.shure.com/store/shure/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.12165500

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimateears/

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.aspx
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Sep 20, 2009,